Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Updated: Fri, July 19, 2013

• Reported By: tynesha — des moines Iowa
Kaplan University
7009 nordic dr. cedar falls ia 50613 cedar falls, Iowa USA

Kaplan University Hamilton college harrased, neglectful professors cedar falls Iowa

I attended Kaplan University for 4 years from 2007-2011, I owe them over $60,000. They harrassed me to come to the school,, calling me sometimes 2-3 times a day.. They even once sent a text message to my phone. Even after telling them I was not interested they still persisted. Finnaly I gave in and started my classes. When I staarted my financial aid, the award letters did not match up with the amounts I recieved. There were others that noticed the same thing. I never said anything because I trusted the finanincial aid advisors.

Further through my education I became pregnant. I went to talk with my advisor about taking a semester off. I knew that you could not miss more than so many days without failing.I informed her that it would be risky to start a new semester knowing i could have the baby during it. I then would end up paying for a semester i most likely would fail. She still pressed me to enroll.

The resources they state they offer are pumped up more than what they really are . The homework help they provided was limited and scarce, most of the time they did not have any professors that was educated on the subject or barely educated on the subject. The professors who were teaching the subject were barely knowledgeble on the subject matter, teaching right from the text. They advertised that they offere after grad job placement, but more than half of the externship sites were not even remotley interested in hiring an extern. They think having a room full of applications is helping in job placement?

At one point  of time fellow classmates would hand in homework and the professor graded the paper without even reading it, i know this because they would take papers from unit 3 that were already "graded" copy and paste them into unit 4, and hand the same duplicated homework in. Now how could the teacher really be reading and grading papers without noticing this?

All together I believe my education was false, I dont believe I got the full education I paid for. If anyone wants to go in on a class action lawsuit lets do it! Why owe a company thousands of dollars for a piss poor education.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University/cedar-falls-Iowa-50613/Kaplan-University-Hamilton-college-harrased-neglectful-professors-cedar-falls-Iowa-1068321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University