Complaint Review: kaplan university

• Submitted: Mon, July 18, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 09, 2012

• Reported By: SHIRLEY — cumberland Maryland U.S.A.
kaplan university
davenport, Iowa United States of America

kaplan university Kaplan online Fraudulent davenport, Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Kaplan Case

*Consumer Comment: Kaplan Unisersity ripoff

Kaplan University is stealing money from its students!
I have been having problems with Kaplan for a couple months now. I just found out that I had ran out of student loans to cover my last 44 or a 180 credit bachelors degree program. I called the Financial aid department and spoke with Michelle who i found out later is really named Melissa and she told me that in order to save money I have to drop 2 of my 3 classes and only take 1 class a tern so that I would not run out of money and call my lenders to consolidate my loans because then I could get more money for my classes. So, I listed to her and dropped two of my classes (she told me I would only have to pay for 50% of the tuition costs for the dropped classes) and then called my lenders to consolidate my loans. Well they both told me that I can no consolidate until I am no longer in class. So I called Kaplans Financial Aid office back and spoke with WILLIAM. I explained what Michelle AKA. Melissa told me to to do and how I could not consolidate my loans until I was out of school. He was shocked and told me that Melissa had given me the wrong advise. He told em to get back into my classes because now that I had dropped (only 2 weeks into the class) I would be responsible to pay 100% for those two dropped classes.  I then called academic advising to get back into the classes and they told me that even though it was only a couple hours after i dropped they they would have to put a request in to see if I could get back into those classes. Then I found out that all the hard work I have done in those classes and seminars that I have attended were now zeros and I would now have to make all my work back up.. This is totally frustrating because I work so hard in my classes and now have to start all over.
   If I would not have called kaplan back and just taken "MELISSA'S" advice  I would have dropped 2 two classes and have to pay for them 100% they retake them and pay for them again at 100%. By doing this to their students Kaplan is making students pay 200% for their tuition. They are frauds and scammers.. STAY AWAY FROM KAPLAN... if anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit against them please feel free to contact me. I would love to help.. they should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of individuals that are trying to further their education.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2011 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/kaplan-university/davenport-Iowa-/kaplan-university-Kaplan-online-Fraudulent-davenport-Iowa-754433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on kaplan university

Kaplan Case

AUTHOR: Christina - (United States of America)

If you look at "Kaplan University Online financial aid, rip off, fraud Internet, Illinois", we have all spoke about the similar issue.

Kaplan Unisersity ripoff

AUTHOR: kgleason - (United States of America)

I had the same thing happen to me. I was also told that I "ran out of student loans to cover my last credits" now I have a balance over $10,000!!!  I also just realized that my program credit equaled 180, I earned 192! Which means I took two classes that I never had to take!