Complaint Review: Kaplan University

Kaplan University Rip off Davenport Iowa

*Author of original report: Response

*Consumer Suggestion: What you can do

*Consumer Comment: comment

I attended Kaplan University 2 years ago. I had seen a commercial on them and a friend had recommended that I give them a try. I did good for a year and half.

When it came time for me to update my papers for my financial aide. I filled out all of the necessary paperwork and faxed the papers in. I had gone to a place to fax them and had been given a confirmation number showing that the papers had been faxed. Kaplan University's  Financial Aide kept saying they had not recieved the paper work. I in return went back to the place that faxed the papers and had them to talk with the financial aid office who claimed they had not received anything. I again had the papers faxed and again the Financial Aide said they had not recieved the papers.

I wanted to finish my schooling at Kaplan since I have and had outstanding loans that Kaplan had processed and now I have to pay back. When I got in contact with the accounts deartment, I am told that I have a 4500 dollar balance that has to be pain which is now on my credit report along with student loans that have to be aid back.

If I had known before hand that Kaplan was going to do this to me I never would have had any dealings with them and would have taken another route. I need someone to help me and tell me what to do so that I can clear this balance off of my credit report. This balance is ruining me. HELP!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University/Davenport-Iowa-52807/Kaplan-University-Rip-off-Davenport-Iowa-1058456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University

Response

AUTHOR: tracycat_2 - ()

I never did say I didnt owe the student loans. I am not denying that. But the thing is the school is not acknowledging that they got the paperwork when I see and have proof the the fax that it had been recieve. As far as you saying I am not ready for collefe is your opinion and that dont make it right but I respect that. '

I did get a degree but wanted to futher my education more.

I did ask 3 people who had attended Kaplan and 2 out of 3 recommended them but warned me that the financial aid would try to screw me up if I wasnt careful. I need my rear end kicked from the standpoint that i had been warned. But when I come to this site and see that so many have the same or similar problmes as I have had then its a problem that no one want to open an eye to. Its like the saying no body care until it happens to them and they expect everyone to then understand.

So you live and learn and if they were wrong just know there is a God that sits high and look low and mistreating people and beating them out of money do not go unpunished and I do know that justice for me is coming. God dont let wrong go unpunished and I am a firm believer in that.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

What you can do

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

You have made a mistake and it cannot be reversed now, so the only thing you can do is to solve what you have done. Life is not that simple and sorry to say that you have to learn it the hard way.

What you can do to clear the balance is to contact them, arrange a payment plan, and start paying. Once you are on track of paying the balance off, your credit will become better. Once you paid it off, you will have good credit (assuming you do not make similar mistake about loaning money again). So I hope this is a lesson learned. Remember, 1) do not simply believe in any "commercial" because they are out there to make a profit and 2) watch what you are going to spend money on because you will be the one who is out of money regardless whoever recommendations.

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

It seems you have two separate problems. The first is that they don't acknowledge having received your financial aid paperwork for this year. Consider that a blessing in disguise because you're not ready for college (despite having completed a year and a half).

The second problem is the outstanding balance due to Kaplan and on your student loans.  There is no way to get this off your credit report because you DO owe the money. Or, as Judge Judy likes to say, "You ate the steak".

The only thing you can at this point is make payment arrangements with Kaplan, and with the student loan company. Both will probably work with you if you show good faith in attempting to make payments.

Good luck.