Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Reported By: KaplanVictim2012 — Lorain Ohio United States of America
Kaplan University
Internet, Florida United States of America

Kaplan University Rip Off upcoming graduates Online College, Florida

I am currently an online student at Kaplan University. I only have one term left to graduate (2 classes) and I was hit with a bill of $1,600. I was not given sufficient time to find out the details because I was told only a couple of months before my completion. I had a friend that went through the exact thing and could not finish. I have been a student since September of 2009 and I have invested too much to have my education in jeopardy because of money. My only income is SSI which is why I was eligible for financial assistance plus loans. They have been calling me off the hook because they expected an $800 payment on August 1st. I don't even get enough money to pay my bills and not to mention food for me and my son. Why do they do this to everyone right before graduation? I need help! I want to graduate. Going for my Bachelors in Science of Criminal Justice. What should I do, or do I just throw 3 yrs of college down the drain? Someone has to put a stop to this or there will be many in poverty that already suffer financial burdens. Thanks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2012 07:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University/Internet-Florida-/Kaplan-University-Rip-Off-upcoming-graduates-Online-College-Florida-925802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University