Complaint Review: kaplan university

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: mvcj — tacoma Washington United States of America
kaplan university
florida tacoma, Washington United States of America

kaplan university kaplan college non-transferrable credits and denied re-entry tacoma, Washington

*Author of original report: re-enrollment

*Consumer Comment: Kaplan University

*Consumer Comment: question

I first attended kaplan college, they shut down the campus 7 months after I started and forced us all to continue online at kaplan univrsity.  They preach about helping students and being there for them, my father passed away and i had to manage his property etc, so i was automatically withdrawn because i failed to log in that week- 2 classes away from completing my degree -$33,000 in student loans and the dean denied me for re-entry.  No one will give me the deans direct contact line, etc. Not only did I have to attend schooling that i did not want too-online-but then they deny me my chance to finish my degree and their credits transfer NOWHERE. I am furious with this school and will tell everyone I know about this horrible place!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 12:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/kaplan-university/tacoma-Washington-/kaplan-university-kaplan-college-non-transferrable-credits-and-denied-re-entry-tacoma-Was-991049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on kaplan university

re-enrollment

AUTHOR: mvcj - (United States of America)

I was denied re-enrollment. And yes, it is other schools common grounds for withdrawl, except kaplan goes out of it's way to tell you that they are "understanding" and don't want you to give up when life gets hard etc etc (literally my first day they went through a 1 hour speech of why kaplan is such a good place because they will always help you and understand that "life happens". I was 2 classes and $33,000 spent on this school, and there seems to be NO understanding, NO care. On top of it, my teachers were all made aware of my situation by me and kept updated. I was ready to even pay out of my own pocket for the last 2 classes. Kaplan doesn't help, they do not care about their students- i understand their withdrawl policy, but to deny re-enrollment? Especially with the circumstances? Absolutely NOT! As i've done more research i am finding MANY people in my same boat that kaplan has put them in, even forcing some to make youtube videos to go viral to show this CLEAR unfairness and Kaplan's dean true colors! So, for future reference, if you plan on going to kaplan, cross your fingers and pray LIFE doesn't happen to you because this school will rape you and leave you in debt and won't even look back!

Kaplan University

AUTHOR: Webwench - (United States of America)

Unfortunately, their degrees are also worthless. No companies will recognize these 'degrees' as being accredited either. They are just a predatory for profit 'college' to make money nothing more and leave the student in a debt they can not pay. They also hire a collection agency to harass students that are close to completing their 'worthless degrees' starting at 6 am until midnight then deny doing so. The feds don't give a shit even though they allow student loans to these assholes that do not provide an education. I have been fighting this since 2010 and will continue to do so. This is not the only supposed school that are doing the same thing.  If it is a for profit school you will get ripped off and a worthless degree.

question

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

I'm sorry about your father :-(  Unfortunately, most schools have essentially the same policy of withdrawing you for non-attendance.  But I'm curious about your statement that you were denied re-entry.  Were you denied re-entry into the same class in the same term? Or were you denied the opportunity to re-enroll for the following term?