liquid

• Updated: Mon, May 14, 2012

• Reported By: Angry — Fort Myers Florida United States of America
Kar Haus Brokers
3302 Palm Beach Blvd Fort Myers, Florida United States of America

Kar Haus Brokers Jason Hendershot False Advertising/Questionable Business Practices Fort Myers, Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: They never bother to tell the world when they were refunded

False advertising on Craigslist which led me to purchase a 1998 Ford Windstar van on 2/28/2012 which I thought "runs and drives excellent", only to find out the same day, after giving Jason Hendershot a substantial amount of cash down ($2700) that the van had a mechanical issue of power loss at highway speeds. I requested to get a refund the same day I purchased the van,but the dealer refused and told me to bring it back the next day to get the problem rectified, or he would resell it to someone else for me to get the money I gave to him refunded back to me.

After almost two months, no refund has been issued to me and the mechanical problem remains as the dealer, Jason Hendershot, continued to advertise the above named vehicle as "runs and drives excellent" despite knowing about the mechanical issue. Also provided fraudulent tax information to DMV in order to evade paying higher sales tax on vehicle by listing vehicle as a lower value than what I originally paid for it. The total amount I paid for the vehicle was $2940 plus $72.50 for towing charge, which amounts to $3,012.50.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2012 03:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kar-Haus-Brokers/Fort-Myers-Florida-33916/Kar-Haus-Brokers-Jason-Hendershot-False-AdvertisingQuestionable-Business-Practices-Fort-M-882313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kar Haus Brokers

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

They never bother to tell the world when they were refunded

AUTHOR: Jason H. - ()

This issue has been resolved and here is the real story. The vehicle had very low miles and ran perfect, however when a vehicle sits for a period of time certain parts tent to stop fuctioning after being used for the first time in a while, fuel pumps are one of those things. The gentleman did recieve a refund and I met him and his father for lunch and i may have bought them a beer in down town while doing so either way the moral to this story is that it's hard to believe someone who doesn't have knowledge of mechanics and insist on b****ing that "they were ripped off" and buy a low miles but inexpensive car then turn around slander and you in a public forum and after all that they get their refund and don't even bother to tell the world

they they were not only ignorant to the way business is done and that "AS IS means AS IS but that the so called "bad guy" did refund them and didn't have to. It was a simple fix as i tried to explain to him and that when I buy a product AS IS I am responsible for my actions and if I make a mistake in life I must deal with it not cry to the BBB and Local news channel BOTH of which declined to pursue it on any front. Do your home work when you're buying something you're not up to scale on and perhaps you'll save the people you make look bad to others and yourself some time !!!

Jason Hendershot is my name and I am proud of it and my business ethics. Now you know the rest of the story.

p.s. I did not false advertise the vehicle under owner, I was the owner and it was a private title, suck on that !!!!

p.p.s. Did I mention that I went all the way to his house twice to rectify this issue and it was more than 15 miles one way picked up the van dropped it off offered to sell it and refund him. Boy oh boy how much of this story was left out !!! I will be honest here He did not get all of his money back because I do not work for FREE and spend time and money and not get something for it. We parted company fairly.