Complaint Review: karate america west palm beach

• Submitted: Fri, November 09, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: Karate america hater — marco island Florida United States of America
karate america west palm beach
forrest HIll boulevard Internet United States of America

karate america west palm beach karate america SCAM ALERT!!! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Employee Response:

The school was very unorganized. When I signed up I was told i had 7 days to back out of a 1 year contract. The next day I went down to the school and asked for my money back. The person at the counter gave me a copy of my contract and said my card would not be charged. 4 years later I get a letter from a credit bureau saying I owe 2500.00 to the school. We never went and they Never charged my credit card on file as I told them we would not be signing up. When I called the credit company handling their claims, MG credit told me they bill out hundreds of families every year and the same thing happens to them. They back out of the contract and then they bill them anyway and hit their credit report. He told me families are out thousands of $$$ because of this school. Beware - this is a SCAM!!! It is sad as they are supposed to teach truth and discipline and what they teach is that karate school of America is dirty and unethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/karate-america-west-palm-beach/internet/karate-america-west-palm-beach-karate-america-SCAM-ALERT-Internet-966769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on karate america west palm beach

Employee Response:

AUTHOR: Karate America Employee - (USA)

Employee Response:

I have no way of knowing which member this is so cannot offer specific feedback; however, I will say if an employee told you they would do something and it did not happen, please let the headquarters know so that we may handle any possible problems immediately. Such behavior is not tolerated by Karate America management and, therefore, rarely occurs. Although mistakes will be made, our instructors are taught to be as diligent as possible.

Our standard procedure for 3-day cancellations (Florida law provides for no penalties if someone cancels a contract within 3 days of signing) is that the member provides the request in writing (as stated in the membership), and if the member talks to the instructor instead of sending a request in writing, the instructor is to hand the member a piece of paper and ask him/her to write a short letter (just a couple sentences). The instructor then turns this in to HQ with the membership so that we know NOT to enter the membership into the billing system, but just to file it.

Accounts sent to collections receive a letter from the collections company within one month that offers the member a chance to dispute the debt prior to the account being reported to credit bureaus. Of course, I cannot know to whom you spoke at MG Credit; however, I can assure you we do NOT send accounts to collections if they are not valid debts. And MG Credit would have no reason to make such false statements, being that they handle all of our collections (17 schools) and make income from those accounts. Also, from a business perspective, it makes no sense for us to send invalid debts to collections. There is, frankly, no money in it. Many, if not most, accounts in collections are never paid. However, happy, training members DO pay their monthly fees, and are happy to do so. Offering quality training is a much more effective way to create income, and much more fun.

Sincerely,