Complaint Review: Karns Foods

• Updated: Fri, July 05, 2013

• Reported By: Angela R — Carlisle Pennsylvania
Karns Foods
1706 Spring Drive Carlisle, PA 17013 Carlisle, Pennsylvania USA

Karns Foods does not award your rewards points sucks you in with a promise it does not deliver Carlisle Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Using the internet to get your rewards

*Author of original report: Research before rebutting

*General Comment: WOW

A new Karns store opened in our area, and I was excited to see that they offered a rewards card that promised points for every dollar you spent, and that they never expire. The points could be used to redeem gift cards, both for Karns and other vendors.

I noticed that my first two purchases were credited, but that none after that were. I was/am missing hundreds of points, certainly enough for a gift card. So I contacted Customer Service via the email form on their site. I waited several days and never received a response. And yes, I checked my spam folder. I then called customer service directly. The young man I spoke with danced around the subject after I told him I did not keep my receipts, but that my bank statement certainly shows the purchases and I had to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor said she would file a "ticket" and that they should be able to quickly and easily find the purchases since I knew the amounts and dates. She said she would call me back. I have not received a call after several days, and my points have still not been credited.

I feel at this point that their rewards card is simply a false advertisement to get you into the store, and the customer service here is beyond poor. I will be taking my business elsewhere and recommend that anyone in the area that patronizes here do the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Karns-Foods/Carlisle-Pennsylvania-17013/Karns-Foods-does-not-award-your-rewards-points-sucks-you-in-with-a-promise-it-does-not-de-1064569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Karns Foods

Using the internet to get your rewards

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

When I had 400 points on my card, I went to the customer service desk and tried to redeem my points.  The girl behind the counter advised my they couldn't do it in the store.  I needed to go to this website  https://www.discountcupboard.com/default.asp I did and was able to redeem my points.  Try using that website and I think you will be able to redeem those points.  It sounded like possibly a new employee that didn't know how to redeem the points.  It happens.  I'm just happy I wake up in the morning. For every problem there is a solution.

Research before rebutting

AUTHOR: Angela R - ()

Actually from the beginning of the incident it has been almost a month. I do not consider that impatient. And the supervisor promised to call me, which she has not done. And I do pay for the points in higher prices at the store. They are not, in actuality, free. You need to take an economics class. I could easily shop somewhere cheaper. You should probably educate yourself a little more before making assumptions and accusations. It sure does not make you look very smart.

I stand, 100%, behind my complaint.

#3 General Comment

WOW

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

You waited a whole "couple of days" to post. What a humanitarian you must be!! Either that or incredibly self entitled!! You do realize that there could be MANY different reasons WHY you never recieved the points. Which I might add is SOMETHING FOR FREE!! SO youre gonna post and bitch about something that youre not paying for, and is something that they as a business are doing for you. And then NOT give them an appropriate amount of time to investigate the situation?? Do you club baby seals too??

They opened a "ticket" for you. Which means your "ticket" goes into a stack of other "tickets" that have to be resolved before they even look at yours. Have a little freaking patience. YOU ARE GETTING SOMETHING FOR NOTHING!!! YOU DID NOT BUY THESE POINTS!!!!!!

You do ALSO realize that ANY retail promotion can be modified AT WILL, AT ANYTIME, AND MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN PURCHASES!!! You pushing the issue is only going to show you for the greedy self absorbed individual you REALLY are.

Perhaps instead of wasteing the energy posting on a public forum, which while a nice way to bitch and complain, you should be bringing this to the attention of the store manager. There may be a problem with the employees or the system. Either way you are going to get a much more SATISFYING answer to your problem. So get off your ass and GO INTERACT WITH THE PUBLIC!!! Its great and all that you can make phone calls and use the internet. But this is a situation that you can resolve without dragging a companys good name through the mud. You have messed with this company simply by posting on a public website. They have NOT ripped you off. Quite the opposite, they are attempting to resolve your issue. YOURE JUST BEING AN IMPATIENT JACKASS!

You even state a logical argument as to why there is a issue. "A New Kerns Store Opened in our area."