Complaint Review: Kars4kids kars-4-kids

• Submitted: Sat, September 13, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 13, 2008

• Reported By:redwood city California
Kars4kids kars-4-kids
1805 Swarthmore Ave Lakewood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Kars4kids kars-4-kids ripoff, scam, travel voucher scam Lakewood New Jersey

I also experience the bogus travel voucher red-tape quagmire that the gentleman from texas below spoke of:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/ reports/0/131/RipOff0131389.htm

I donated to kars-4-kids my car and after three phone calls and over two months I got my vehicle donation papers and travel voucher.

kars-4-kids pick up person had no idea about any travel voucher and was over two hours late.

Some unrelated towing contractor picks up my car and gives me a pickup order printout that has nothing indicating any travel voucher or even that my car is being donated.

I spoke to kars-4-kids and they told me not to worry about sending in the dmv form that indicates that my car is no longer in my possession. Of course I sent it in anyway as that is the law in california and it says so on the registration card.

Then the travel voucher indicates that actually i have to pay 50$ on my credit card to get a possibility of reserving one of three destination cities. The travel voucher from worldwidetravelcenter.com reserves the right to substitute another destination if they run out of rooms, or there is a convention, holiday, etc.

Looking online I got numerous hits by searching for "worldwidetravel and scam" on google.

I feel like kars-4-kids has abused their position as a charitable organization by using worldwidetravelcenter's red-tape laden voucher as a lure.
www.kars4kids.org/donate_car_vacation.htm

They guy from texas and other people on my google search indicated that this is a bait and switch type voucher, which wants you to opt for something better and pay more. Minimally they feel you are paying the 50$ for the free trip.

Dante Says this about perpetrators of Fraud"
'In this Bolge the Grafters, those who stole from people who trusted them, or those who acquired money or gain in unfair and dishonest ways, lie in boiling pitch, hardly daring to bring their heads above the surface, for fear of the "demons, who tear them to pieces with claws, pitchforks and grappling hooks" if they see them. The sticky pitch is symbolic of the sticky fingers of the Grafters. The demons, too, suggest symbolic possibilities, for they are armed with grappling hooks and are forever ready to rend and tear all they can get their hands on. Perhaps he who takes in life, will be forced to give in Hell.'

Go Dante!

Abuseddonor
redwood city, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2008 12:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kars4kids-kars-4-kids/Lakewood-New-Jersey-08701/Kars4kids-kars-4-kids-ripoff-scam-travel-voucher-scam-Lakewood-New-Jersey-372488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kars4kids kars-4-kids