Complaint Review: Kathy Woodward

• Submitted: Thu, May 15, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: Kat — Clayton North Carolina
Kathy Woodward
The Pennsylvania State University 128 Outreach Bui University Park, Pennsylvania USA

Kathy Woodward Kat Lies University Park Pennsylvania

I was a Student at SUO until last summer when I decided to transfer to Penn State World Campus after speaking to an admissions counselor. During our conversation I was told I would need to complete a min of 24 credits to graduate. After sending in all the requested documents I was sent a report stating I would need 36-38 credits to complete with my BA in Psychology. I thought this was a bit much but I could probably finish in 3 semesters. Then I speak to the advisor so I make sure I am taking all of the classes at this time she also said 38 credit. Halfway into my second semester I contact her again because I am struggling in my classes during this time I am having education and ADHD testing in hopes to get services. I had to pay out of pocket for these test that are very expensive. I contacted the disability office via email he said he did not get the report from my doctor. I contacted again and one other time asking if he would like me to send the report. I got not response from until the last day of the semester when I was very upset about the outcome of my semester. Well when I contacted my advisor she is going on and on how I need all of these classes equaling to over 60 credits. I am telling her she is wrong how can that be and how am I ever going to pay back all of these loans. I had already finished 120 credit at SUO and the thought of another 60 meaning atleat 2 more years of school. I have already been in school for 6 years and 2 more years is not in my plans. With all the time I have in I should be earning a PhD. Anyway she emails me couple days later with a list of classes and tells me she is wrong. I did not think at this time I needed to calculate the credits. My last day of my second semester I go back and calculate the credits and was over 40 credit I emailed her again and asked how can this be I finished 2 semesters now and was told in the beginning I would need 36-38. So I requested a new advisor and asked for a new degree audit and she emails me stating 40 more credits. How do I still need 40 credits when I was told 36-38 to finish and I have finished 6 classes now. Stay Away I was so excited about Penn State because it has always been my dream since I graduated HS over 20 yrs ago and now I wished I never heard of their online campus. It is a rip off over priced classes, and fees for a poor education teaching yourself basically. Then lying over and over to put money in their pockets.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kathy-Woodward/University-Park-Pennsylvania-16802/Kathy-Woodward-Kat-Lies-University-Park-Pennsylvania-1146865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kathy Woodward