Complaint Review: kayak.com

• Updated: Fri, July 08, 2011

• Reported By: cindy — washington District of Columbia United States of America
kayak.com

kayak.com reservation cancelled, charged 100% of cost of room Internet

I booked a room through Kayak.com.  Almost two weeks before I was going to use the room, I canceled it because I got a better deal.  Kayak billed me for the total cost of the room.  That is outrageous.  When I complained, they sent me their policy.

"If you change or cancel this reservation at
anytime, you will be charged a 100% penalty equal to the total cost of your
stay for each room. No refunds for unused nights, including those resulting
from delayed check-in or early check-out, will be given".

This is outrageous.  Certainly if I had reserved directly with the hotel, they would not have charged me for the room.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2011 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/kayakcom/internet/kayakcom-reservation-cancelled-charged-100-of-cost-of-room-Internet-750527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on kayak.com