Complaint Review: kcpl

• Submitted: Fri, May 16, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, May 16, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Lees Summit, Mo Missouri
1200 main Kansas City, Missouri USA

kcpl Kansas city power and light my meter "went dead" in Aug 2013 according to kcpl. I was being charged for normal bills with the exception of Aug. September got a new meter and Dec was told I owed $800+. The company told me they can back charge me "up to 8 months". clearly I only had one month of Meyer problems but Kansas City Missouri

I had a meter go bad one month and kcpl took advantage of the law and charged me $800.then told me if I have a problem to contact Missouri because they could back charge up to 8 months. Which I clearly was paying a normal bill until that one month. So one month cost me $800. They are such a ripe off fraud company. I'm not the only one they have done this to either do watch out for this monopoly company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2014 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/kcpl/Kansas-City-Missouri-64127/kcpl-Kansas-city-power-and-light-my-meter-went-dead-in-Aug-2013-according-to-kcpl-I-wa-1147374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on kcpl