Complaint Review: Keiser University

• Updated: Sat, August 23, 2014

• Reported By: china — Lakeland Florida
Keiser University
2400 Interstate Drive Lakeland, Florida USA

Keiser University Keiser placed a very large balance on my account that cannot be proved Lakeland Florida

I attended this university from 2/2010 to 9/2010 for Medical Assistant. According to the instructors, the students were told during orientation, we become certified after eight months, which consisted of 6 months of classes and 2 months of externship, in which I completed. I started working as a Medical Assistant in October of 2010 and I didn't need to pursue the Associates in Science degree, therefore I didn't return to Keiser after 9/2010. Recently I contacted the University requesting a copy of my official transcript. I was directed to the Burser's office being told that I have a balance of $4193.75. I asked I the balance came about, in which I was given a story that doesn't make sense to me. SUPPOSEDLY, monies were refunded back to student loan (federal government) for me not returning for the degree completion. So I decided to my own investigation about the SUPPOSED refund. I was given about five different phone numbers to call to verify this refund and no one has record of this such refund. I was even told by student loans that there is no such category. Please help with this situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2014 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keiser-University/Lakeland-Florida-33805/Keiser-University-Keiser-placed-a-very-large-balance-on-my-account-that-cannot-be-proved-1171789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keiser University