Complaint Review: Keith Classic Furniture

• Reported By: Disappointed Customer — New Jersey
Keith Classic Furniture
3840 route 42 Turnersville, New Jersey USA

Keith Classic Furniture Stole my money Turnersville New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Both of you are at fault but...

On June 9, 2013, I put a dinning room set on Layaway at Keith Classic Furniture store located at3840 route 42 Turnersville, NJ 08012856-885-8147 or 856-340-8725. 4 weeks later my husband went in to pay on our balance and at this time, Keith informed my husband that they didn't accept credit cards. However, my original down payment of $500 was made on my credit card  but now they didn't accept credit cards. this should of been first warning sign that i was dealing with someone crocked.

On August 24th, I went to pay off the balance and Keith the owner informed me that he sold my furniture and was not refunding me my $500. I never received a phone call or a letter stating that I had to pick up the furniture or it would be sold. Keith said, he called me over 100 times and couldn't get a hold of me and was unable to leave a message. I informed him, he was being dishonest and he never called me nor have I ever had an issue with my voicemail.

When we originally put the dinning room set on layaway, Keith directly told me that there was no time limit for layaway or no minimum down deposit and I can put down whatever amount I wanted to secure the dinning room set. I decided to put down $500. Keith never informed me or my husband that he can sale the furniture and not refund our money if we didn't pick it up in a certain amount of timeframe. He never mentioned that to my husband, that we had to pick up the furniture when he told my husband he only accept cash.

When I told him he lacks honesty and integrity, Keith stated, "Yes, I've been in busy for over 30 years and I steal from people,". I know he was being sarcastic trying to make me angry but i refused to entertain his poor business practices. I said, yes, you do. You are a liar and you lack integrity. It's disappointing that he is able to get away with his poor business behaviors and actions. This is unacceptable and unfair to me and anyone who has dealings with him Or his business. It is hard to believe that we allow people to operate businesses that steal from hard working people. Keith Classic Furniture  lack honesty and integrity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keith-Classic-Furniture/Turnersville-New-Jersey-08012/Keith-Classic-Furniture-Stole-my-money-Turnersville-New-Jersey-1078787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keith Classic Furniture

Both of you are at fault but...

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

Both of you seem to have each own self-righteousness. From the store owner side, he expected a client to leave a deposit and walk away. On your side, you assuem that no mention about time limit means months and months without contacting the owner about the time you are going to pay. If you take him to a small claim court, a judge would ask you what were you doing between the first week of July (when your husband went in to pay) and the time you went in to pay. It was almost 6 weeks in between and you did not attempt to contact the owner regarding the matter. But then the judge may turn to the owner about his action. I am not sure whether or not the judge would award you because of the time frame on your side (it doesn't make sense).

But being said that, I still believe that the owner should have refund your deposit regardless. It is fair for the owner to give the money back because he could sell the item. So if you want a shot, take him to a small claim court and prepar your documents (i.e. receipt, withness, etc) well. I hope you could get your money back.