Complaint Review: Keith Hawthorne Hyundai of Gastonia

• Reported By: mlb7513 — Gastonia North Carolina
Keith Hawthorne Hyundai of Gastonia
4712 Wilkinson Blvd Gastonia, North Carolina USA

Keith Hawthorne Hyundai of Gastonia Unethical Service! Gastonia North Carolina

This dealership is unwilling to own up to their faults.  I bought a 2013 Hyundai Sonata with 8,000 miles from them and about two months after owning, the A/C began to have a terrible, musty smell.  I took the car in to have it serviced and told them about the smell, and that I had already changed my cabin air filter.  After an hour and a half of waiting, they told me they were unable to smell anything.  They said it was most likely the AIR FRESHENER I had hanging from my mirror that was making the car smell bad. They suggested that I change my air freshener, and try not to use my air conditioner if that is where the smell was coming from.  Note that I bought this fairly new car in May, and they are telling me not to use my A/C often... They did not give me an invoice at this time, so I called the next day and asked for a copy.  Come to find out, the invoice said the customer complaint was "Heater is not getting warm enough."  They had not even documented my complaint and they completely blew me off.

When I bought the car it came with a 1 year warranty that covered any interior stains, windshield cracks and several other minor damages.  I had a few small stains on my ceiling and a small crack in my windshield that randomly occurred, so I called the dealer, made a service appointment to have these taken care of.  The lady told me that it could all be taken care of that day.  I dropped my car off that Saturday and told the service technician what I my appointment was for, only for him to tell me that they do not do those repairs at their facility.  He said I have to call a 1-800 number and file a claim.  Why did the lady on the phone not tell me this the day I made the appointment???

Ever since I bought this car from this dealership, they have been incredibly difficult to work with and they do not own up to their faults.  I sent an e-mail to corporate Hyundai and they told me I could always find another Hyundai dealership to work with... I will never buy another Hyundai and I will definitely never ever buy another car from Keith Hawthorne dealerships!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2013 06:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keith-Hawthorne-Hyundai-of-Gastonia/Gastonia-North-Carolina-28054/Keith-Hawthorne-Hyundai-of-Gastonia-Unethical-Service-Gastonia-North-Carolina-1090873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keith Hawthorne Hyundai of Gastonia