Complaint Review: Kelly Services

• Reported By: anonymous — lake zurich Illinois USA
Kelly Services
245 N. Field Dr., Lake Forest, Illinois United States of America

Kelly Services requiring all unemployment be paid back Lake Forest, Illinois

*General Comment: Some clarification please...

I had been a dedicated Kelly employee for almost 5 years. After completing an assignment of 2.25 years in one company, I was faced with unemployment from Kelly Services.

I had called a number of locations weekly. One office bluntly told me NEVER to call again. Another office I called in my area told me "there's nothing; everyone's cutting back, watch the website and if you find something call us. We'll call you if we get something". I have not received a call from them since Fall of '09. I had applied to a few positions never to hear back from any one.

In the interim, while seeking full time meaningful employment, I worked part time and took a short term temporary contract (3 weeks not through Kelly). Kelly filed an appeal stating that I did not seek employment and had not been in contact with them. I complied with unemployment, providing lengthy records of all searches, contacts and job applications over the period.

I am now in receipt of a Notice of Reconsidered Determination and Recoupment Decision, requesting I pay almost $19,000 to social security.

It appears, that I too am a victim of the claim of not calling every week, so I havent been looking for a job.

I am most interested in joining a class action suit on this case with all others in the same situation. Please count me in!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2010 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kelly-Services/Lake-Forest-Illinois-/Kelly-Services-requiring-all-unemployment-be-paid-back-Lake-Forest-Illinois-635547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kelly Services

#1 General Comment

Some clarification please...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

If you have to pay back the unemployment it doesn't go to Kelly & isn't because Kelly requested it. It's because your state unemployment commission reviewed your filing and found problems. Any money you pay back goes to the state not to social security. If you didn't call every week, how'd you get paid? Sounds like what may have happened is on your unemployment, you put down you were looking for work through Kelly. Your state UC contacted Kelly to confirm your work search and were told you hadn't contacted Kelly weekly for jobs. Now the state is considering recouping your payments because you "falsified" your request by not actively seeking work where you said you were. Is this what you're trying to say?