Complaint Review: Kelly Services

• Submitted: Thu, October 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 28, 2009

• Reported By:layton Utah
Kelly Services
4315 S 2700 W West Valley City, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone: 801-945-7799
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Kelly Services, Kelly Services treated me like I was stupid! I had to fight for my paycheck! This temporary service is not worth your time, talent, or energy! West Valley City Utah

*Consumer Comment: I agree with you totally,there is NOTHING good about this agency or ANY temp agency!!!

I started an assignment with Kelly Services @ American Express on August 26, 2008. I have since been laid off from the company due to "un professionalism". I call this a "wrongful dismissal" due to my complaints about Kelly Services and their practices. Three other people in my hiring class were also terminated. All of which had the same issue with payroll. We were not getting paid and Kelly Services just shrugged their shoulders at the issue. They treated us like we were stupid. I had to complain every day about not receiving my first paycheck.

After a full week of complaint, Kelly finally canceled the check that they claim they sent and expedited a check from their corporate office through UPS. The first check totaled about $275.00. Kelly Services advised me that my not receiving my check is my own fault because I didn't sign up for direct deposit, which I did twice! Kelly has since blamed the post office for me not receiving my mail, to either address!!?? I have contacted the post office and they have advised me that if they were withholding mail from me that they would notify me about it.

The post office advised me that Kelly Services is playing the blame game rather than taking accountability and that lost mail is a rare circumstance. The address on my employee file was not the address that I preferred my checks to be sent. Kelly didn't bother to change this after I submitted the required forms; Nevertheless, the address was still a good mailing address, to my family and they haven't received the physical check at that address to this day. I have since changed the address on file and I haven't received anything to my current address either.

According to their records they have mailed 3 check and none of which have physically made it to me, or returned back to them. This has made me curious as to where these checks have ended up! Were they actually sent? I was laid off on September 23rd. Two days later, I advised Kelly what has been advised to me; that they were supposed to issue what was owed to me within 24 hours due to Utah Law! They sent my last check of $175.00 UPS and advised that they did their part and that they are no longer in violation of the law. Kelly Services still owes me two checks in the amounts of $371.24 and $451.94.

Today is October 2, 2008. I have not been paid what is owed to me. I have since filed a wage claim. Among my many complaints to American Express about their choice of Contractor, I was informed that Kelly has a track record for not paying their employees on time. Don't work for Kelly Services if you expect to be paid for your hard work and dedication! If you do, or have worked for Kelly Services, don't let them underestimate you. Contact your local Labor Commission!

Und3r3stimat3d
layton, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2008 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kelly-Services/West-Valley-City-Utah-84119/Kelly-Services-Kelly-Services-treated-me-like-I-was-stupid-I-had-to-fight-for-my-paychec-377904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kelly Services

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

kelly services is just another sweat-shop labor mill created to screw the honest american hard worker of not only the money he/she actually deserves,they also screw you on your pride and sense of well being as well.these agencies are focused on one thing,PROFIT!!!!,and they will act like they are doing you a favor and try to convince you that you are worthless and stupid when in fact its THEM that are the stupid A-holes.I dont know about any of you,but I think there was NOTHING wrong with the OLD FASHIONED way of the workforce(you work for one company ONLY) and get paid by ONE company(what you should be getting paid,not no temp agency fees taken out of your check and INTO THEIR POCKETS,now you are working for FAR LESS than you SHOULD be making).to me temp agencies are a slap in the face to america,they altered the workforce and practically ruined it. these people try to site your fate on a job and in reality dont know what the f**k they are doing,period.then you have the BIG companies and corporations(aimed mainly at manufacturing) who try to cut corners to gain more profit by hiring these d**n temp agencies,trying to screw us workers out of the wages we SHOULD be getting,now you gotta work harder for even less money in your pocket,If I were the president of this country I would tax THE EVER LIVING HELL out of these temp agencies AND these companies that hire them. TAX THEM BOTH OUT OF EXISTENCE,GET THEM THE HELL OUT OF THIS COUNTRY,WE DONT NEED THEM HERE,PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!