Complaint Review: Ken Michaels

• Submitted: Tue, April 23, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: Tr — Gardena California
Ken Michaels
27525 Newhall Ranch Road, #9, Valencia, CA 91355-6 Valencia, California United States of America

Ken Michaels , Mortgage Makeovers, Inc. scammed, lied, stole Valencia, California

*Consumer Comment: Ken Michaels/Mortgage MakeOvers (Scam Artist)

*Consumer Comment: show

*Author of original report: This complaint has been resolved

This started in October of 2012. I was having serious medical issues and was concerned that I would be unable to work and therefore I would lose my house. I emailed him to see if I could get money out of my house to pay down the credit card debt. He said I didn't have enough equity, but that he had a company that could do both the principal mortgage reduction and credit card reduction.
I gave him $4500 ($2300 which was a direct bank transfer to reduce the principal on my home loan and $2200 which he charged on my credit card--the same one he was going to reduce the balance on--even though he said it was illegal but the balance was going to be reduced anyway).
He did nothing but lie, evade, scam from the first. He would only respond to email that I sent. He would never initiate them. He will say he was successful on the mortgage--but it's a lie. He will tell you he got my credit card balances down to approximately $1800--but it's another lie.
I demanded my full amount back but he refused. He said he mailed the $2300 on March 29, 2013--I have yet to get it. He sent me a check for $2200 but I refused to accept it. I want the entire amount--$4500--in a casher's check.
I WARN ANYONE WHO HAS ANY CONTACT WITH THIS MAN/COMPANY--RUN THE OTHER WAY--DO NOT GIVE HIM/THEM YOUR MONEY. THEY WILL TAKE IT AND RUN!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ken-Michaels/Valencia-California-91355-6036/Ken-Michaels-Mortgage-Makeovers-Inc-scammed-lied-stole-Valencia-California-1045650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ken Michaels

Ken Michaels/Mortgage MakeOvers (Scam Artist)

AUTHOR: M.B. - ()

This is to the consumer Kevin, if thats really your name! Its probably Ken Michaels working his scam magic pretending to be someone else. Anyway, lets go with the name Kevin, I'm happy to hear that Ken was able to help you, so you say. But that does not negate the fact that he has scammed several other people out of their hard earned money. You said that he referred you to New American Funding, thats great because they are a legitimate business and they are not scam artist like Ken Michaels.

However, Ken Michaels does get a percentage for each referral that he sends their way. Ken Michaels does nothing for free!!!! Believe that! In regards to the people he has scammed out of thousands of dollars; He promised a service of personally contacting our mortgage companies with a guarantee of a principle reduction/ loan modification, with a money back guarantee. But he did nothing but take the money and run!!!!!!!

So as long as you dont do business with him directly, you might be ok. But whatever you do, Please Dont Put Any Money In His Accounts, Or In His Hands. If you do, you will spend months, if not years, trying to get your money back!  PUBLIC BEWARE, KEN MICHAELS IS A SCAM ARTIST. PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON HIM. Do an extensive google search, and take a look at the BBB website, plug in Ken Michaels/Mortgage Makeovers.

BWARE OF KEN MICHAELS THE SCAM ARTIST

show

AUTHOR: Kevin - ()

Ken Michaels has perfomed miracles.  He is a great wealth of information.. This guy saved my house.  He is by far the most honest, trustworthy guy in the industry.  In January of 2013, I received a notice from my lender that the payment was goung up.  Having been laid off for about 7 months and just finding a job, there was no way i could handle a higher payment.  I contacted my lender to see if they would work with me, and they just laughed.  I was lucky enough to hear Ken's show on the radio one saturday morning, and thought what the heck, i got nothing to lose.  I called him, and he immediately said he had a solution for me that he thought would help me. Low and behold, he did.  He not only referred me to a place that was able to lower my payments(New American Funding) but he also was able to review my documents at absolutely NO CHARGE.  Thank God for Ken.  Anyone who says hes a scam, or ripoff ete. get a life.  We need more people like him  Thats for sure.

Thanks you Ken

and GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

Kevin

This complaint has been resolved

AUTHOR: Tr - ()

Mr. Michaels refunded all my money.

The dispute has been resolved.