Complaint Review: Kensington Assistance Agency

• Submitted: Mon, September 18, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, September 18, 2006

• Reported By:Deville Louisiana
Kensington Assistance Agency
1357 Broadway,Suite 260 New York, New York U.S.A.

Kensington Assistance Agency ripoff, liars, dishonest, robbers New York New York

I was contacted by these people in Feb.06. They sounded very nice and told me that I could be approved for a government grant up to $50,000. All they needed was $300.00 and I would be sent a package in the mail to complete and send back. They also asked for my checking account information. My account was debited for this amount.

Since all of the commercials are on T.V. about getting government grants I believed every word they said. So I gave them my information. I did get the package in the mail and filled it out and sent it back. It was around April before I sent it back.

Around May I got a call from them saying that they had lost my checking information and that in the case I was approved they could direct deposit my money. So being stipid like I am I gave it to them again. My account was debited again. All this time I didn't realize I could do anything about this and everytime I tried to call the number I couldn't get a response. I guess now I'm just out $600.00.

Deville, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2006 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kensington-Assistance-Agency/New-York-New-York-10018/Kensington-Assistance-Agency-ripoff-liars-dishonest-robbers-New-York-New-York-211538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kensington Assistance Agency