Complaint Review: Keusch Super Service

• Submitted: Wed, January 31, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, December 07, 2011

• Reported By:Lansing Michigan
Keusch Super Service
118 W Grand River Avenue Portland, Michigan U.S.A.

Keusch Super Service ripoff towing company takes advantage Portland Michigan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The REAL Story

*Consumer Comment: No, it's not price gouging.

After asking 911 for the cheapest tow truck they send me the closest one which charges $200 to tow your vehicle ten miles.

Here is my story, my wifes cadillac broke down in Grand Rapids, MI. I had to tow it home with my truck and a rented tow dolly. About one mile past Portland exit I lose control of my truck and roll into the ditch leaving both cars on all four tires.

After asking police for the cheapest tow I find out the next day the towing company was charging me $200 for each vehicle, $150 for the rented tow dolly, and were charging $25 a day on each item. Now they towed the tow dolly in the back of my truck and stored it in the back of the truck. After complaining about the tow fees and the way they handled the tow dolly they were willing to drop the fee for storage on the tow dolly. Geez I wonder if they charge for car seats too. Most towing companys charge $50 hookup and $2 a mile. Is this price gouging?

Chuck
Lansing, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2007 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keusch-Super-Service/Portland-Michigan-48875/Keusch-Super-Service-ripoff-towing-company-takes-advantage-Portland-Michigan-233838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keusch Super Service

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The REAL Story

AUTHOR: Lt. Richard - (United States of America)

I own Keusch Super Service and I, personally responded to this call. I winched a Dodge Ram, Cadillac and a car dolly 100+ feet off of I-96. I loaded the Car dolly on the flatbed, towed the cadillac with a Wrecker and hauled the Dodge behind my flatbed. This is not a simple $50 hookup and $2 per mile tow.

This is a recovery, and I charged accordingy for the winching distance and time it took to prep and transport these vehicles.  This is not price gouging, this is business.

No, it's not price gouging.

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

The only gouging might be the cut that goes to your local government, they set the tow rates that are charged. The seemingly high rates cover a lot more than the 70K truck and driver that responds to your call. The insurance alone can't be paid at $2 a mile, much less the fuel, storage rent, lighting, security, etc that are required for police tows. Next time, call a tow company of your own choosing, they may charge you a rate more to your liking.