Complaint Review: Kevin Jewelers

• Submitted: Mon, December 12, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, December 12, 2011

• Reported By: Upset & Disappointed — Aliso Viejo California United States of America
Kevin Jewelers
Laguna Hills Mall, California Laguna Hills, California United States of America

Kevin Jewelers Deceptive business practice/ Bait & Switch Laguna Hills, California

I turned in some scrap gold and received $280.00 Cash value, but was given a higher trade in value over $1,000.00 to finance a gold necklace.  I ended up financing $500.00 .  Less than a month later I received a $50.00 gift card which I thought was because of my recent store purchase.
I went to their store in Laguna Hills to get my $50.00 item and was told it could only be used on "Catalog Items" and was handed a catalog.  Everything in that catalog (pamphlet) was way over $50.00, the least expensive item was $89.00.  I left the store without getting my $50.00 gift and very upset.  This was clearly another way to "Bait" the customer to spend more credit on their jewelry.

Kevin Jewelers is a very deceptive business.  I will pay off my balance and cancel my card
I don't plan to make any future purchases thru them..  Next time I will go to a jewelry mart for better prices and better customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2011 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-Jewelers/Laguna-Hills-California-92653/Kevin-Jewelers-Deceptive-business-practice-Bait-Switch-Laguna-Hills-California-808499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin Jewelers