Complaint Review: Kevin King Essential Law Services

• Updated: Tue, June 11, 2013

• Reported By: Investorsfriend — Santa Clara California
Kevin King Essential Law Services
1932 Irving St San Francisco, California USA

Kevin King Essential Law Services Con Artist Alert! Limited to very poor knowledge of the law, disappears after payment is made, false promises and inducements San Francisco California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Disgruntled ex-Client Who Sued Me and Lost.

Too bad there isn't a way to give -50 stars.  This guy took my money, did no work, and his knowledge of the law was very very poor.  Buyer beware.   I had retained him to help fight a case in the area of landlord tenant law.  He asked me for a retainer upfront and made loads of promises about what he would deliver.  He induced me by making tons of promises.  In the end he delivered NONE of the thing he said.  He preyed on me at a time when I was in need.  I can't think of any other way to describe him than a complete fraud and con-artist.  Lawyers like him give the whole profession a bad name.  When I asked for refund he stopped taking calls and emails, and even rejected certified mail service of a law suit that was brought upon him.  Can you imagine?  Depsite being a lawyer he had the nerve to reject certified mail sevice of a summons from court.  Total scum.   Afterwards he send me email after email using cuss words and foul language like you couldn't imagine.  He is a rotten person and has even worse work ethics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2013 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-King-Essential-Law-Services/San-Francisco-California-94122/Kevin-King-Essential-Law-Services-Con-Artist-Alert-Limited-to-very-poor-knowledge-of-t-1057526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin King Essential Law Services

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Disgruntled ex-Client Who Sued Me and Lost.

AUTHOR: Kevin King Esq - ()

11 June 2013

09:32:17 PST

I am the owner of Essential Law Services. This report was filed by a disgruntled ex-client of my law firm who tried to steal legal services from me after I settled the case against her. My law firm handled this woman's Unlawful Detainer (eviction) lawsuit in June/July 2012. After two months of handling her case, filing the necessary pleadings with the court, preparing for trial and subpoening records from the property management company, I finally negotiated an attractive settlement that allowed her to stay in her apartment.

She mistakenly thought that she could steal my professional legal services by firing me, taking the settlement on her own and then suing me to get her money back. I responded to her baseless and frivolous lawsuit by counter-suing for the additional hours of work I performed beyond the retainer fee she paid. She lost her case against me and I won my counterclaim against her. She then filed an appeal and lost that as well. As a last attempt to manipulate the judicial system, she lodged a complaint against the judge and wrangled a re-hearing of the appeal which she lost, AGAIN. She now owes me additional fees and is making every attempt to defame me publicly and to tarnish my reputation by posting her lies on Yelp and Ripoff Report. I have been dealing with this vexatious client for almost a year and after receiving a final judgment against her, at long last, she resorts to posting these defamatory reviews and reports full of untruths.

She tried to steal my legal services and lost against me in court multiple times. Now she owes me even more money. Of course she doesn't "like" me!

09:42:53