Complaint Review: Kevin Preble

• Updated: Sun, May 04, 2014

• Reported By: SS — Los Angeles California
Kevin Preble
942 South Ash Avenue #107 Tempe, Arizona USA

Kevin Preble, Wine Buyers Purchasing Group, iBuyWineOnline.com Serial Con Man Rips People Off of their Wine Collections, Should be in Jail for Fraud & Grand Larceny! Tempe Arizona

4 years ago, I reluctantly agreed to sell my collection of expensive wines worth at least a couple of thousand dollars for well below market value to Kevin Preble because I needed the money at the time.  As another victim reported on here, Preble was pleasant to speak to at first, but he made a lowball offer nonetheless.  I was to be paid COD & he insisted on me using a FedEx shipping label that he emailed to me, but as I discovered as soon as I sent my wine to him, that was just part of his plan to swindle me because when I asked him to confirm that he'd received my wine because I was unable to track the package online, he claimed that "there was a problem with the labeling on the package" because he addressed the COD to himself.  How advantageous of a mistake for someone that claimed to ship wine all of the time to make!  Then, he offered to pay me even less than our already-agreed-to-below-market-price. [continued below]....

.....  When I refused to accept his lower offer, he had the audacity to threaten to reduce his offer even more, as if he was the one being inconvenienced.  He never paid me a dollar for my wine.  The one time I was able to reach him by phone, he quickly ended our call & he didn't reply to my follow-up emails.  I reported him to the Arizona Attorney General's office among others & they told me that when they contacted him, he was a "hothead" towards them & that he had alot of "issues" in other states as well.  I doubt what he is doing to people is legal & I encourage anyone else that has been wronged by him to join me in not letting him get away with it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2014 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-Preble/Tempe-Arizona-85281/Kevin-Preble-Wine-Buyers-Purchasing-Group-iBuyWineOnlinecom-Serial-Con-Man-Rips-People-1143932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin Preble