Complaint Review: Keys Gate Community Association

• Updated: Thu, January 28, 2010

• Reported By: Victor — Miami Florida United States of America
Keys Gate Community Association
1541 S.E. 12 Avenue #37 Homestead, Florida United States of America

Keys Gate Community Association Keys Gate Condo Association, KG towed my car because the owner of my rental unit owes them HOA monthly dues. My rent was paid monthly to the owner, yet they blame me for the deliquent account status. Homestead, Florida

*Consumer Comment: File in small claims

Keys Gate Community Association towed my car because the owner of my rental unit owed them monthly fees. According to Keys Gate, the owner is not allowed to have renters so long as the owner owes them money.

The staff ignored all of my pleas to allow me to move out before towing my car, they simply towed it at my expense. At 315 am on Dec 7th my car was towed. Reference:

Miami Herald Article

Dozens of other renters at this community have been unjustly towed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2010 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keys-Gate-Community-Association/Homestead-Florida-33034/Keys-Gate-Community-Association-Keys-Gate-Condo-Association-KG-towed-my-car-because-the-o-561282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keys Gate Community Association

File in small claims

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

Their beef is with the condo owner, not you.   They are trying to use you as leverage to get the owner to pay his fees.  I'd definitely take them to small claims court.   I think a judge would take a very dim view of their practices.  If your lease with the owner includes parking privileges, I'd include him in the suit.