Complaint Review: khw jewelry

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Other
khw jewelry
Internet USA

KHW Jewelry RIPPED OFF BY SELLER; Returned Item and Did Not Receive Refund or Exchange Los Angeles California

In short, I returned an item purchased from this seller and never received an exchange or a refund, despite the seller having verbally approved the return by phone. I have lost $150.00 plus shipping (both ways) as a result and it has been one month since my original purchase. I have expended an additional $70-ish to purchase a similar item elsewhere, putting my total expenditure over $200.00 for ONE EARRING. In detail...

I purchased a Double Post Stick Earring from khwjewelry.com. The item did not fit (the dual posts were too far apart for my ears) so I immediately returned to khwjewelry.com in search of a return policy, but none was listed. I therefore emailed khw at the email address on the website explaining that the item did not fit and that I would like to exchange the item for a Long Staple Earring.

After receiving no response from the seller, I emailed again. I returned to khwjewelry.com, again searching for a return policy or an address at which to return the item, but neither was listed. I located a telephone number for the seller on the shipping receipt and contacted the seller by phone leaving a detailed voicemail message. Again, after receiving no response from the seller, I emailed again. Finally, the seller returned my phone call and okayed the return with return shipping to be paid by me.

I explained why I wanted to return the item, I explained the item I wanted in exchange leaving a balance that I requested be returned to me. The seller stated that we could “sort it out” when she received the item. I returned the Double Post Stick Earring with a note reiterating that I wished to exchange the Double Post Stick Earring for a Long Staple Earring, and requesting that the difference be returned.

I received an email from the seller confirming receipt of the return and inquiring as to the exchange. I immediately responded, referring to the enclosed detailed note. After receiving no response from the seller, I emailed again requesting confirmation of the return/exchange. After receiving no response, I emailed again requesting a full refund as I had now purchased a similar item elsewhere.

Finally, I received an email from the seller, again confirming they received the returned item and stating they would send an item in exchange. I sent a reply email to the seller again requesting a refund of the balance. I received a response email from the seller indicating that they would now not accept the return.

To date it has been one full month since my original purchase. I have made every conceivable effort to work something out with this seller, who, by phone, made me believe this would be a painless exchange with a balance to be refunded. To date, the seller has yet to refund me for the returned item. The exchange the seller claims was sent was never received and the seller has ceased responding to my inquiries.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/khw-jewelry/internet/KHW-Jewelry-RIPPED-OFF-BY-SELLER-Returned-Item-and-Did-Not-Receive-Refund-or-Exchange-Lo-1067085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on khw jewelry