Complaint Review: Kid to Kid Charlotte, Arboretum Store

• Updated: Wed, October 30, 2013

• Reported By: lgrandst — Charlotte North Carolina
Kid to Kid Charlotte, Arboretum Store
3407 Pineville Matthews Rd Ste 600 Charlotte, North Carolina USA

Kid to Kid Charlotte, Arboretum Store Selling my items, getting double talk, dishonest Charlotte North Carolina

I called ahead a week ago to inquire on what they accept, ie...sizes, clothing, toys and how to bring in the items.  I was told they take all clothing year round.  Being in Charlotte where we get an inch of snow a year and most kids wear shorts and t-shirts daily unless its freezing this makes sense.  I was told that "Polo" and upscale lables are perferred.  I found 3 Polo items on the rack in the entire boys department!!

I laundered and steam ironed all the items I brought in.  I asked when I entered if this was a good time to bring in the clothes and the young girl (maybe 16?) said yes.  i had with me, 1 boys Kahki pair of size 14 Abercrombie and Fitch Kids (worn 2 times) a size 16 boys Abercrombie and Fitch pair of jeans worn 2 times.  About 4 size small Abercrombie boys solid and striped shirts.  A pair of size 14 Levi jeans worn a handful of times. 1 cotton short sleved button down Abercrombie and Fitch size small shirt, worn once for school pictures.  Approximately 5 pairs of Nike and Sports Shorts, and a pair or Under Armour size S boys sport shorts.  3 A&F different colored short sleve t-shirts,  i also had 3 girls items.

I have shopped re-sale childrens for about 14 years now and can say that this place is a complete ripoff!!

When she called me up she said here are all the things we can't take, included in this were all the Nike shorts, UA shorts, Abercrombie polo and a few other Items.  Then she said we will take the rest for $11.00!   Are you kidding me??  i asked to see what she did take and of course the Abercrombie blue jeans, kahki shorts, and 3 A & F Polos were in there.  The jeans alone cost $45.00.  She said that the items they didn't take were to big, and that they only take up to size 14.  I said well boys sizes go up to 16/18 so where do these clothes sell at??    Then I asked her if they only sell up to size 14 why was she keeping the size 16 jeans from A&F.  She said well because they are Abercrombie... yet she wouldn't take the other size 16 comparable items??

i thank them for her time and said i wanted all my items back and would donate them to Good Will as i can take a tax deduction larger the $11.00!!!

We all know that the Jeans alone were going to be put on the rack for $11.00.

I looked at their items while waiting and there was not one item in the boys department that was nearly as nice as i brought in  that I would consider buying.

A lot of Old Navy, Target and there were all faded, frayed and not in style.

Do yourself a favor, research on Ebay and other stores.  Dont be afraid to take your things back and go donate to a charity.

I don't know how they stay in business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kid-to-Kid-Charlotte-Arboretum-Store/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28226/Kid-to-Kid-Charlotte-Arboretum-Store-Selling-my-items-getting-double-talk-dishonest-Ch-1095801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kid to Kid Charlotte, Arboretum Store