Complaint Review: King's Creek Plantation

• Updated: Wed, July 14, 2010

• Reported By: Christopher D — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
King's Creek Plantation
516 Merrimac Trail Williamsburg, Virginia United States of America

King's Creek Plantation Kings Creek King's Creek Plantation: Timeshare trap and scam Williamsburg, Virginia

In Feb 2008 while vacationing in Williamsburg we were approached by a representative of Kings Creek Plantation. She offered us a $75 gift card if we came to their resort to view a 90 minute presentation. So naturally we said yes. We visited Kings Creek and thought that the place looked very nice; however we did not want to make any purchase. After a 3 hour presentation and after we said "NO" about 3 times the salesperson brought in her boss and the two of them agreed to lower the selling price and give us lot of gifts including gift cards and numerous free vacations. After all of the promises and all the pressure along with all the diagrams about how much money we would be saving on vacations, we decided to purchase the timeshare.  On our way out the door the salesperson gave us her personal cell phone number and assured us that she would mail us the trips and gift cards in the next couple of days.

After leaving we never received any gift cards, and we only received one vacation that was far from free (it would have cost us $500 plus airfare). We called the salesperson and left numerous messages however we never received any sort of answer or return call. After approximately a year of paying on the timeshare I informed the company that I refused to make any more payment because I felt like they were not holding up their end of our agreement. The company then told me that none of the promises were in writing and that I had no case. The company then took the timeshare back and filed a motion in court to have my wages garnished for the maintenance fees.

Over the past year I learned of several people who have experienced some of the same issues with Kings Creek.  I have also learned that over the past 4 years Kings Creek has been involved in over 700 garnishment proceedings.

Predatory real estate lenders have found a new industry - the vacation / timeshare industry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2010 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kings-Creek-Plantation/Williamsburg-Virginia-23185/Kings-Creek-Plantation-Kings-Creek-Kings-Creek-Plantation-Timeshare-trap-and-scam-Will-623107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on King's Creek Plantation