Complaint Review: Kirby

• Submitted: Fri, September 12, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, September 16, 2003

• Reported By:Roy Utah
Kirby
21st St. Ogden, Utah U.S.A.

Kirby used me Ogden Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Go to Small Claims Court

*Consumer Suggestion: Call Kirby headquarters

*Consumer Suggestion: YOU'VE BEEN HAD!

I had a so called friend whos boyfriend worked for the kirby distributors in Ogden. He kept pressuring me into letting him come to my home and show me a demonstration for the kirby vaccum. I reapetedly kept telling him that I wasn't interested in buying a kirby.

I finally agreed to letting him come and give me a demonstration,making sure that he understood that I was not going to buy. As he concluded with the demo, he then told me that if he could sell one more vaccum that he would get a $1,000 bonus on his paycheck. I replied I would like to help you out, but I am still not going to buy.

He then came up with a plan and told me that he and his girlfriend didn't have the credit to buy a kirby nor would the kirby distributors sell a vaccum to a salesman, as their income depended on the vaccums they sold, if they didn't sell any vaccums they didn't get paid.

He then proceeded to ask me if he and his girlfriend could use my name and credit to purchase a vaccum. Of course my reply was absolutley not. He didn't give up. He then promised me that the $1,000 bonus would go toward the payment on the vaccum and he promised me, along with his girlfriend by his side, that they would make the payments on the vaccum.

They both started to pressure me more and more. I know that I did a really stupid thing. Now I have a vaccum in my name, but not in my posession. They have quit making the payments and the finance company is coming down on me. I have since then started making the payments as to not destroy my credit. If anyone knows how I can get this vaccum out of my name please help me. There is still $889.00 owed on it. This just goes to show that Kirby salesman cannot be trusted. As far as I know he never did get the one thousand dollar bonus.

Cristan
Roy, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2003 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kirby/Ogden-Utah-84401/Kirby-used-me-Ogden-Utah-66880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kirby

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Go to Small Claims Court

AUTHOR: Max - (U.S.A.)

Cristan,

I am not going to come down on you about how absolutley stupid that was because you already know it now & you are being punished enough. You can bring suit against them in small claims court because although you ALLOWED them to do that, you permitted it under the false pretense that they were actually going to make the payments which they did not do. I am not guaranteeing that you will win your suit but most small claims courts take things into account like lying, personal favors, oral contracts, etc because that is mostly what they deal with. Again, it depends on the judge but it's worth a try. Also, is this person still working for Kirby? If so, call Kirby human resources. This HAS to be a breach of sales contract to some degree if not blatently. If nothing else, he might at least get terminated & since the vacuum still technically belongs to Kirby (it hasn't been paid in full), they might be a able to get the vacuum back so at least you're not paying for nothing. Just some ideas. Good luck & NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Call Kirby headquarters

AUTHOR: Leslie - (U.S.A.)

I would try to contact Kirby Co. Consumer Relations at 1-800-494-8586.

Or write to them at:

The Kirby Company
Consumer Relations Department
1920 West 114th Street
Cleveland, OH 44102

PS: I was once married to a Kirby Area Distributor. Youre are absolutely right when you say they cant be trusted. They go to seminars to learn how to be professional con artists.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

YOU'VE BEEN HAD!

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

There is no way that you can "undo" what you did. The vacuum was purchased in YOUR name, and you voluntarily allowed for that to happen. You cannot change it at this point, nor could you take the two others to court because they only did what you allowed them to do.

The only thing you can do at this point is get the vacuum back in your possession so at least you have the item that you are paying for. And if necessary, you can try selling it to get some money to pay off your debt.

In the future, my recommendation for you is to wise up and don't agree to such ridiculous things, especially anything involving your credit or bank funds.