Complaint Review: Kirk W. Baldwin

• Updated: Wed, April 02, 2014

• Reported By: Swindled in Birmingham — Birmingham Michigan
Kirk W. Baldwin
3421 Hillside #26 Royal Oak, Michigan USA

Kirk W. Baldwin Kirk W. Baldwin - petty theif and rip off artist! Royal Oak Michigan

*General Comment: Sounds like...

Kirk W. Baldwin advertises as a landscaper in our local Eagle Newspaper. I contacted him from one of these ads and asked if he would come out and give me an estimate for a spring clean up. We met, we walked the yard together, I pointed out what I wanted done and also pointed out the two large section of lawn that were still iced over. Mr. Baldwin assured me he knew how to "lift up the ice with a shovel" and put it into trash bags for trash pickup. Based upon his assurance I agreed to let him come out on Monday, March 31, 2014 and do the job.

Mr. Baldwin finally showed up around 12:30 Monday with one young man, a plastic leaf rake and some paper lawn bags. I immediately told him the paper bags would not be sufficient and offered him a brand new bag of Hefty trash bags I had purchased. Mr. Baldwin at that point took my check and left! I went out into the yard a short time later to find the young man alone and trying to rake a block of ice with his leaf rake and my garbage bags tied around his feet. He told me Mr. Baldwin had "gone to get something to eat" and that he told him to "just do the best he could." It was apparent that he not only knew nothing about landscaping but that he wasn't going to be able to do the clean up with the plastic leaf rake Mr. Baldwin had left him.  At that point I offered him the use of my own rakes and yard tools. I went inside to call Mr. Baldwin - repeatedly - with no success.

About an hour later Mr.Baldwin returned.  I pointed out that he was not going to be able to finish doing the job he had promised me because of the ice and said if he would just return my check to me, we could reschedule for a time when the lawn would be thawed. Mr. Baldwin informed me he had already deposited my check and that he was unwilling to reschedule. He then started to raise his voice so I told him I would be stopping the check and went in the house. Mr. Baldwin took this opportunity to steal all my yard tools right down to the box of Hefty trash bags, and left. He then reported the unfinished yard work to the City of Birmingham's Code Inspector as a violation, posing as a resident of Birmingham. He's nothing but a petty crook and con artist. Do not hire this guy to do anything.  He will steal you blind.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kirk-W-Baldwin/Royal-Oak-Michigan-48073/Kirk-W-Baldwin-Kirk-W-Baldwin-petty-theif-and-rip-off-artist-Royal-Oak-Michigan-1135648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kirk W. Baldwin

#1 General Comment

Sounds like...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Sounds like  a tit for tat situation that niether of you are going to back down on. He doesnt want to reschedule so you cancel the check. You two get into it on your lawn and in retribution he takes your tools and reports you. You in turn hop on the web and use slander against that person. One has to wonder how two grown adults can act like children and get surprised when something else happens. The guy is a landscaper, all he has to do is sneak onto your lawn in the middle of the night and the whole thing continues. At what point are either of you going to act like an adult??

What it really sounds like is that YOU had a issue with the landscaper leaving thier employee to do the job while they went and ate. Im betting the fact that you paid them and then they left an associate to do the job really ticked you off. Im also betting that the job was taking longer then you wanted it to and when you saw two people show up you assumed the job would be done faster. Meaning you probably made plans and had those plans screwed up. Which in turn upset you even more.

All you have done with THIS post is basically slander the individual. That IS a crime and you can be sued over it. Dont let this tit for tat escallate into a lawsuit. Thats what YOU are doing. You THINK youre anonymous online but youre not. All it takes is a court order and BAM your own words will d**n you in a civil suit. SO think carefully over your next move. At some point one of you will have to realize that neither side is going to win and stand up and be the responsible adult. You CANNOT put your opinions on the web as FACT. You have ONLY your word that what you say is true. You have made accusations with no proof other then YOUR SIDE of the issue. This is something that will get you sued. The web is considered a media outlet where the courts are concerned. So each time you place your opinions out on the web as fact, its the same as taking a full page ad out in EVERY printed publication in the states for how much exposure it can get.