Complaint Review: Klean Pros

• Updated: Sun, March 09, 2014

• Reported By: NYsubs — Staten Island New York
Klean Pros
2 Ravinia Dr. Suite 500 Atlanta, Georgia USA

Klean Pros installed wrong furnace, fire hazard, dangerous conditions, not responding Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: That is one of the worst looking furnace installs I've seen..

My house was flooded by hurricane "Sandy".  The wlole basement needed to be fixed, we also needed new water heater, air conditioning unit, and furnace.  Kleanpros were recomended to us by the adjuster from our flood insurance company.  They completed their job in a very expedient manner, however, the issues started almost immediately.

The new A/C unit did not work, we notified project manager and he assured us it was going to get fixed.  Never happened.  Within a month, the exhaust pipe coming out of the furnace melted and fell of.  Got in touch with a project manager, they came in, replace a part o fthe pvc pipe with a metal pipe, assured me we will not have any more issues.

This winter, the rest of the pvc pipe started melting, I smelled smoke in my house, called a local heating/cooling company, they came in on an emergency call, told me that the furnace that was installed by Kleanpros is the wrong type of furnace for this house. [continued below]....

.....  They also told me that it's a fire hazard, and if the pvc pipe continues melting, i could have carbon monoxide leak in my house.

I contacted Kleanpros, spoke to a gentleman named Joe, told him the issue.  He adviced me to hire a company that would fix the furnace, and he would cover expences.  However, when the company gave me an estimate to install the proper furnace, Joe started getting aggitated, told me that I am being lied to, and again assured me he will take careof my issue.  However, in the following weeks he never called me, I attempted to contact him on numerous occations and left him voicemails, never getting a responce back.

Now more issues are becoming apparent.  Walls in the basement that were "fixed" by Kleanpros are starting to buckle in and are cracking.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2014 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Klean-Pros/Atlanta-Georgia-30346/Klean-Pros-installed-wrong-furnace-fire-hazard-dangerous-conditions-not-responding-At-1129408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Klean Pros

#1 Consumer Suggestion

That is one of the worst looking furnace installs I've seen..

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

I would strongly advise you to conact your city inspector to come out and look at this before you have even more serious issues. Not knowing what the installation manual calls for, it just looks "wrong". They should check all phases of the installation, including any and all gas piping.  There are a lot of unqualified, inept companies out there doing this work.

Good luck to you in getting this resolved.  I would guess your contractor didn't get a permit or have the work inspected. Please come back on Ripoff Report and let us know how it works out.  If no permit was pulled and no inspection(s) were done, I suspect the inspector will want to know why.  This is why it's so important to have this done.