Complaint Review: KLLM Transport Services

• Submitted: Wed, August 22, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:Sumter South Carolina
KLLM Transport Services
135 Riverview Drive Richland, Mississippi U.S.A.

KLLM Transport Services Wrongfully accussed Richland Mississippi

*Consumer Comment: The sad truth

August 22, 2007

Dear Mr. Richards,
I wanted to take this time to send you a Thank you for the birthday card you sent my husband William. At the time you had not gotten the info that he had been terminated from your company. Since you say you appreciate your drivers so much, I wanted to let you know how they are treated by their dispatchers.

William started out regional in Atlanta, and was done wrong, but he took it and went on, He told them months in advance he need time off for his wedding and when he needed to be home, He got home the afternoon of his rehersal.Then he changed to OTR from the Jackson terminal and was treated GREAT!. Then he went back regional working 15 to 17 days out at a time before asking for time off.

He told his dispatcher way ahead of time he needed a certain weekend off ( 2 days )to move instead they sent him home on Thursday which was fine. He was told by his dispatcher that she would send him info to go back out on Saturday because she couldn't give him the weekend to. He said fine. So we busted our butts to get moved.

Atlanta was told to send things through the Qual-com due to the fact our cell phones didn't work in the area where we just moved and we hadn't had a home phone set up yet. He ran back & forth all weekend checking the qual-com. No messages.

On Monday morning he sent a message saying he had been ready to roll. They finally sent him a load that delivered on Tuesday. In the mean time he figured he had lost his job so he went looking for another one. He then started sending messages and calling from pay phones to make arrangements to get the truck back to Atlanta.

Nothing was returned, We left early for him to go to the DR and when we came home the Truck was gone. I called the Highway Patrol to report it stolen, Then when I called the Sheriff's dept. to report it they said that a
company here in Sumter had called them to come help repo it. How can it be repossed??? Anyway we found the truck.

William called Lee in Atlanta and he was very rude to William and said William had abandoned the truck, How do you do that when it has been sitting in your front yard since Thursday. So Lee told him he would lose the 350.00 deposit. So we told Lee we would talk to Oscar and You about this matter, And he said he didn't care that you and Oscar meant nothing to him and couldn't say anything to him, That he was right. So my husband lost out on his 350.00 deposit and what he considered a great job with a great trucking company.

We also lost a lot more due to this issue, but we will bite the bullet on that I guess. I appreciate the fact YOU appreciate your drivers and so does Oscar. But your other employees do not! I guess we will also eat the 350.00 loss, All I am asking is my Husbands
employment record be cleared as abandoning the truck. I have a written statement that the truck was repossed from my front yard by a wrecker service and the Sheriff's dept. here in Sumter, So I believe that shows it was not left unattended.

I could use that 350.00 since my husband lost 2 weeks work & pay. We also lost our insurance as well. And now we are having to pay out of our pockets for DR's visits for the DOT physicals so he can go back to work as a driver.

I hope this will open your eyes as to how your drivers are being treated. I mean he would go out and deliver loads and not come home for 15-17 days at a time. And this was the thanks he got from Lee. Doesn't seem quite fair to me. Thank you for your time in this matter.

William
Sumter, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2007 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KLLM-Transport-Services/Richland-Mississippi-39218/KLLM-Transport-Services-Wrongfully-accussed-Richland-Mississippi-269378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KLLM Transport Services

The sad truth

AUTHOR: Papa-spooky - (U.S.A.)

The sad truth of the matter is that the person who sent your husband the card:
1. was propably a secratary
2. more than likely does not read this post
3. if they have an open door policy William should contact the CEO directly.

Just food for thought.