Complaint Review: KLMN Readers Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, June 05, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, June 05, 2013

• Reported By: AuntieBonna — McMinnville Oregon
KLMN Readers Services, Inc.
PO Box 15187 Chesapeake, Virginia USA

KLMN Readers Services, Inc., Mr. Whitely Never received my magazines Chesapeake Virginia

On Jan 7, 2013, 2 young ladies came to my door selling magazines. At least 1 of them was pregnant (both may have been). I was initially going to buy only 1 magazine subscription (Sparkle) for my niece because it was her birthday in a week. The girls kept trying to talk me into buying more than 1 subscription, but they did not have another magazine available that I liked. While I went upstairs to grab 1 check, they had made a phone call and were able to find that Psychology Today (a magazine I had stated I was interested in) was available for order, so I went upstairs and grabbed a 2nd check (for some reason I could not order both magazines with one check). I then placed an order for 2 magazine subscriptions and received 2 receipts.

I waited some time (on the receipt it stated that I should receive my 1st magazine within 120 days). When May 7th came around, I had not received either magazine, so I started making phone calls. I've called the office number 3-4 times and have gotten a voicemail every time with no call back. I also called Mr. Whitely's cell number- he answered and told me I had to wait a little longer, and then if I didn't receive the magazines I would have to check with the actual magazine itself.

It is now June. I have not received my magazines, and my checks were both cashed the same month I wrote them. I have tried checking with the magazines themselves (Sparkle and Psychology Today), and neither of them have any record of a subscription in my name. I am expecting to never get my magazines at this point, feeling I was ripped off of $78.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KLMN-Readers-Services-Inc/Chesapeake-Virginia-23328/KLMN-Readers-Services-Inc-Mr-Whitely-Never-received-my-magazines-Chesapeake-Virginia-1056635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KLMN Readers Services, Inc.