Complaint Review: Kmart

• Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: voyager43 — United States of America
Kmart
Hoffman Estates, Illinois United States of America

Kmart Sears Kmart lists same product with two different item numbers and two different prices Hoffman Estates, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: searscares

"Kmart sells the same product under 2 different item numbers. I purchased a 3.3 cu. ft. Kenmore compact refrigerator for $139.99 and after I purchased it I noticed it was on sale for $99.99. I contacted Kmart and since it was already shipped they had me go to put in a claim. First they said it was not the same product- that claim was False. Next they said it was "buyer beware" I supplied the ad as well as a copy of my shopping cart Finally they wrote back:

Thank you for contacting Kmart.com regarding your order number 461612827. I understand that you would like us to make the price adjustment for the compact refrigerator and also understand that you do not have the screen shot.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to make price adjustment for the item, we do honor the adjustment only for the same item number as well as same model number, as you have made your purchase for different item number, we are unable to honor your request."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kmart/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-/Kmart-Sears-Kmart-lists-same-product-with-two-different-item-numbers-and-two-different-pr-1010908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kmart

searscares

AUTHOR: Searscares - (USA)

Dear Voyager43,

I apologize for the frustrations encountered with your online order. We would like to look into this for you and help with getting this taken care of. Please send the following information contact #, screen name (Voyager43), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Edwin C.