Complaint Review: Kmart

Kmart
3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, Illinois USA

Kmart.com Layaway Rip off Hoffman Estates Illinois

*Consumer Comment: RIP OFF BY KMART.COM

I am a mom of 3 young kids and as such need to budget and plan ahead for my Christmas shopping. In October of this year, I went to Kmart.com, placed on online order for layaway. These were a big a part of my Christmas shopping (over $300) and were items I counted on being reserved.

I paid every two weeks even managing to pay extra so that I could have it done in plenty of time to receive for Christmas. I made my last payment on Friday morning and was so relieved to finally be done with that part of my shopping. Saturday morning I received 2 emails, one telling me that my matchbox cars were no longer available and a 2nd one telling me that the remainder of my items had shipped. I was a bit disappointed about the cars, but my main items were still coming, so I could get over that.

Sunday morning I got up to find an email that my ENTIRE layaway was not available and being cancelled. You guys have got to be freaking kidding me. I counted on these gifts and now I don't know if I can find them again. I called their 800 number three times today, the first two times I was told that they did not know what happened and they would create a case to get to the bottom of it and I would hear back at some point.

I kindly explained that I needed an answer today as it is 16 days BEFOFE Christmas. I called back at 4 when I told them I would and was then told that oh well, your items are out of stock, you can re-order.  I explained that this was not acceptable and requested a manager. I then got transferred to the Care specialists who wasted my time, took a bunch of information only to tell me that they can not assist but here is a $35 gift card. I don't want a gift card, I want my order that I paid for.

I then got switched back to customer service where the lady was more then willing to take my order. Are you forgetting something people?????? You still have my money..... "Oh well, yes we do - you should see that in 3 to 5 business days". So let me get this straight, I place a layaway, make all my payments to you on time, you don't reserve my items, you get to keep my money and in 3 to 5 days I can try to find these toys all over again and then pay for express shipping to get them here by Christmas?

Today, I called the corporate office in Illinois and spoke to one of their Care Specialists, I was told that online orders are not reserved until the final payment is made.   I have re-looked at the layaway contract and this wording is not present.   The care specialists indicates that this is a problem, but no one in management will listen to the care specialists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2013 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kmart/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/Kmartcom-Layaway-Rip-off-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-1105542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kmart

RIP OFF BY KMART.COM

AUTHOR: russfullwood - ()

KMART.COM IS A D*** JOKE.LIARS .LIARS LIARS I TO GET TOLD MY REFUND WOULD BE REFUNDED TO ME WITHIN 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS .LMAO NOT..... BEING THE 5TH DAY TODAY THEY NOW TELL ME A TRACER HAS BEEN PUT ON IT TO FIND OUT WHY IT HAS NOT BEEN SENT BACK TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT BULLS***..3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE STATED 3 DIFFERENT THINGS EACH ONE OF THEM HAD A DIFFERENT ANSWER .LOL...S**** SO D*** FUNNY...one tells me my refund will be there on the 3rd   .lol what ever  one tells me  that it was released to paypal on the 27th ..so i call paypal and i been dealing with paypal 11 yrs paypal said there lieing to you.. so i call back and whammo the next one tells me it's got a tracer on it.lmfao im so stoked and pissed off hell it's only $15.35 cent but to be lied to is beyond me not once ....not once did i ever talk to anyone i could understand and might need a translator i see why now they closed a lot of the Kmart Stores

Dear +++++++,

Thank you for contacting Kmart.com.

In regard to order number +++++++++ we have submitted a request to credit in the amount of $15.35 to your PayPal account today.  This credit should be viewable by your PayPal within 3 to 5 Business Days. Please get back to us if you didn't receive the credit within this time frame.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Look for great bargains throughout the store and find Kmart exclusive brands like Thalia Sodi, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Jaclyn Smith.

Thank you,.