Complaint Review: Kmart

• Submitted: Fri, August 01, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, September 10, 2008

• Reported By:Medford Wisconsin
Kmart
190 Medford Plaza Medford, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Kmart Wrongful termination Medford Wisconsin

*Consumer Suggestion: Handbook

*Consumer Suggestion: Call a lawyer.

I was offered a job as a LP at the local Kmart store. I was interview and filled out a application and was hired. In my application it asks do you have any relatives working in the corporation I said yes my sister. she is a cashier and only works part time. I said I would not work when she does and that was fine. I was investigating a associate manager and a few other things that go on there and I have only been there 2 weeks when they told me I was fired. I couldn't work there because my sister does. They knew this when they hired me and we all talked about it over the 2 weeks. The girls that worked there felt very comfortable with me because all the managers are men and they could come and speak with me about problems especially with the one that I was looking into. I am looking into getting a lawyer and suing the corporation. My LP manager told me that they were wrong and even fought for me. Does anyone have any ideas?

Emesgirl
Medford, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2008 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kmart/Medford-Wisconsin-54451/Kmart-Wrongful-termination-Medford-Wisconsin-358221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kmart

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Handbook

AUTHOR: Fixdit - (U.S.A.)

You need to read any and all paperwork they gave you during your training or hire date. Usually it will be stated somewhere that there is some mention of the "probationary period" (at least in VA). It starts when you are hired and ends whenever noted. In this period the company you work for can indeed fire you for any reason. Make sure that you know the real reason you were let go, maybe they decided they couldn't afford another LP person or they just felt they had found someone better? I don't know about that, but you should at least be absolutely sure about all these things before spending lots of cash on an expensive lawyer.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Call a lawyer.

AUTHOR: FlyingScooter - (U.S.A.)

The best advice i can give you, you already know, and that's contacting a lawyer.
The person you were checking into fired you? Interesting, and quite fishy.
Best of luck, and take care.