Complaint Review: Knetbooks

• Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: SIMONATOMESKA — Portage Indiana
Knetbooks
2373 Palumbo Dr Lexington, Kentucky USA

Knetbooks eCampus.com, Knetbooks.com Fraudulent textbook company ripped off poor college student with valid proof ! Lexington Kentucky

This past semester I rented a textbook from knetbook.com. I received no notice from the company to my email reminding me to return the textbook therefore, I was a few days late. I noticed a charge of $259.33 was made to my credit card through the company. I called the company and the customer service representative guaranteed a full refund once the book was received. I shipped the book immediately.

Over three weeks passed and I still had not received my refund. I checked the status of my order online, and UPS delivery confirmation claimed that the book had arrived at the company two weeks from the date I checked and was signed for. I called and the associate notified me that the book was indeed received and was being "processed". I then began to call daily. [continued below]....

.....

Another prolonged week goes by, and the manager states that the company received an "empty box" with "no textbook inside". I resist to agree that this is valid being that the book was SHIPPED, weighted, and signed for upon delivery at their site. The manager "suggests" to open a claim through UPS on my behalf.

Two more weeks pass, as I am impatiently waiting to hear from the company. I called consecutively for 13 days. The employees stated that thye have not yet received a response from UPS. I was never even sent of the case number involved with UPS.

Finally, I had enough of waiting and demanded the manager to resolve the issue immediately. The associate kept me on hold as the manager "spoke to UPS" concerning the "investigation". They came to the conclusion that UPS did indeed have no problems during the transit of this textbook and that it, indeed arrived safely and was signed for by Dave Clay, an employee of theirs.

Regardless of the outcome with the investigation, knetbooks refused a refund for a textbook that was returned and had of valid proof of delivery. This textbook issue I have dealt with for almost 3 months... No college student deserves to be taken advantage of like this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 07:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Knetbooks/Lexington-Kentucky-40509/Knetbooks-eCampuscom-Knetbookscom-Fraudulent-textbook-company-ripped-off-poor-college-1121034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Knetbooks