Complaint Review: Knetbooks

• Updated: Mon, June 30, 2014

• Reported By: Crystal — Mount Vernon Illinois
2373 Palumbo Drive Lexington, Kentucky USA

Knetbooks Overcharged and denied refund Lexington Kentucky

I rented a textbook from knetbooks for one semester because it was cheaper than buying. As it turns out, I needed it for the following semester so I extended the rental. Finals were going on when I was suppose to return it so I did not return it on time. It would have cost me $20 to extend the rental for a little while longer or about $75 to purchase the used book. Before I could send it back, I received an email stating that my credit card was charged to purchase the book. If I returned the book by June 29th, I could get half of the money back. When I looked at my statement, I was actually charged $135 for the used book, not $75. I shipped the book UPS before June 29th but it did not get there by the 29th. When I called to discuss this matter, I was told that I would not get any refund. So not only did knetbooks get the book back to rent again, I ended up paying way over $200 to just rent the book. My advice is to just buy a textbook from another company. It will save you money in the long run and you can sell it when you're done to recoup some of the cost.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2014 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Knetbooks/Lexington-Kentucky-40509/Knetbooks-Overcharged-and-denied-refund-Lexington-Kentucky-1158412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Knetbooks