Complaint Review: kobie kooling

• Updated: Tue, December 03, 2013

• Reported By: frank — fort myers Florida
kobie kooling
po box 60099 fort myers, Florida USA

kobie kooling Fred Kobie kobie wants to sell new systems not repair systems with minor problem fort myers Florida

*Author of original report: Resolution with Kobie Kooling

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Anonymous Report is False and Slanderous

my home ac system was blowing warm air.since kobie had installed system 10 years prior we called them hoping to gain some honest help from them because of that. Big Mistake! the repairman showed that there was a high amp value at compressor and no voltage from capacitor assy.

we agreed to repl. capacitor and afterwards system started to blow cool air again.however he said that amperage draw was still high and based on age of system that cooling probably wouldent last long and recommended a complete replacement of system for over 5000.00 dollars.

since it was extremely hot we felt we had no choice but to agree although we explained that it was a huge hardship financially for us. the repairman left and we started to wonder if maybe we had acted too quickly and decided to get a second opinion.

the other company we called came right out and checked system values and said that all the numbers looked fine and he could not recommend a new system at this time.i asked about the high amp. draw number that the kobie guy had shown me and he said it was common for that number to show high for a little while after capacitor repl. but to then recover to normal if compressor was ok.

when i contacted kobie to stop purchase of new system we were told that they had done a lot of "work" to prepare for new system repl.and that we would still be responsible for those charges.we were more than willig to pay for service call,repair of capacitor and all part used but that wasnt good enough for kobie.so instead of the actual repair and parts bill[500.00 dollars]which was high according to second company,Fred Kobie insisted on charging us an additional 500.00 dollars for who knows what for a total of 1000.00 dollars.

bottom line is kobie was upset that we had cancelled new system[which second company said they could install for 1000.00 less than the kobie quote] and so took 500.00 extra dollars from my card number and refuses to refund it. the system is still working perfectly since then and all elec. values are fine.when i tried to calmly state my case to Fred Kobie he made snarky comment about not being able to give me an hvac lesson over the phone and there would be no refund.

whatever you do make sure you dont call Kobiekooling for your ac repair.they are one of those ac companies only interested in selling over priced new systems

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/kobie-kooling/fort-myers-Florida-33906/kobie-kooling-Fred-Kobie-kobie-wants-to-sell-new-systems-not-repair-systems-with-minor-pr-1065896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on kobie kooling

Resolution with Kobie Kooling

AUTHOR: frank - ()

My report filed concerning my home A/C repair with Kobie Kooling was my opinion and perception. My intention was not to slander Kobie Kooling and certainly not the Kobie family. I agree with some of the points in Fred Kobie's response to my report. 1) The technician was prompt, courteous and competent. 2) He quickly diagnosed the faulty capacitor and had A/C running quickly. 3) He in fact informed me through every step of the process. 4) He was correct in that the age of the system could possibly justify replacement. 5) I did (perhaps hastily) agree and sign contract for system replacement. At no time did I feel that I was being scammed or lied to.

Fred Kobie did cooperate with our cancelling of the contract and did in fact forgive approximately 100.00 of total bill. I suppose my hope was that since the system was one that Kobie had installed orginally and that I had been a customer who had referred Kobie Kooling many times that perhaps they might have forgiven the charges which were preparatory to system replacement after we cancelled. Certainly by the contractual agreement that I signed we were responsible for those fees. Perhaps the fact that the last thing I needed financially at that time in particular was a thousand dollar A/C repair caused me to vent on the Ripoff Report site. I now am sorry I did so. I would like to resolve this issue with Kobie Kooling and to repeat that I don't really believe that Kobie lied to me or misrepresented their services. However I would like to correct one point that is that my report was filed under my actual name of Frank.

Sincerely-Frank Paul Mazziotta Jr.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Anonymous Report is False and Slanderous

AUTHOR: Fred H Kobie - ()

This report claimed our NATE Certified mechanic is nothing more than a salesman teying to sell systems.  In fact, the person making this report used a fictitious name and lied.  Our NATE Certified Salaried Mechanic actually fixed their failed system.  After fixing the system they chose to purchase a discounted install for later in the fall. THEY PURCHASED A PRODUUCT THAT WAS SPECAIL ORDER.  When doing this, they were informed of the facts, in writing,  and special order work would be separate from any work performed that day.  THEY WERE ONLY CHARGED FOR WORK COMPLETED.

When I received notice they changed their mind, we had absolutely no issue at all with the change.  I even offered to allow them up to the end of the year in the event their situation changed.  They lied and told us they had an emergency and couldn't afford both the system and the new problem, but we didn't care why they changed their mind and offered the extension of a credit through 12/31/13.  I will publicly withdraw the offer here.

On the service invoice, each and every item was spelled out, coded and priced with the customers permission, acceptance, and desire to have the work performed.  The work was performed that day and paid for.  This complaint is not about an " EXTRA CHARGE" but in fact this customers attempt to retaliate because we did not discount work that has already been performed.  They have not been over charged and actually had a small balance due after the transaction was completed.  We agreed to forgive it with our offer but I may have to visit that.

The  customer also makes a false claim of a greatly reduced price of another system.  As many of you know, we have always had a BEST PRICE GUARANTEE and maintain that the product and services offered are very appropriately priced and guaranteed.  They fail to comment on the fast service the received and on the spot repairs.  It's apparent that we have repaired the system well after the unknown second opinion claims exactly that.  The second opinion reportedly told them they don't need a system now" yet they provided a quote.  We agree that no one NEEDS a new air conditioner. We do also agree that it's much smarter to buy out of season and that is what happened here.  Two smart, alert, informed homeowners were educated about the new equipment versus the current equipment and decided to invest in a new system.  They changed their minds and we did not punish that at all. We simply charged them for what was already completed -AS THE CONTRACT ND TERMS AND CONDITIONS DICTATE.  They signed multiple documents that they agreed with and understood the transaction and enjoyed the benefits of our Mechanics expertise that night.  This attack of our family and family business is slander and false.  I encourage the reporting person to re-read their terms and conditions to include this type of activity using social media to lie about facts and slander a family that has been in this industry since 1949. My name is proudly attached and we defend this false accusation with the facts.  Fred H Kobie, President.