Complaint Review: Kohl's Department Store

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: Jamin — Pacifica California
Kohl's Department Store
1200 El Camino Real Colma, California USA

Kohl's Department Store On sale of Pfaltzgraff Dinnerware only received 2 free matching fruit bowls! Colma California

In February, 2013 I purchased 3- 16 piece dinnerware sets from Kohl's sale of the Pfaltzgraff Painted Poppies.  They stated in their sales paper that they were giving 3- fruit bowls free with each 16 piece dinnerware set that was purchased.  I asked for the 9- free fruit bowls and the sales person stated that they only had 2- fruit bowls that matched the dinnerware but insisted on giving me 7 of a different design and stated that I could come back later and exchange the different design for the painted poppies design when they received them.  I kept phoning them and also came to the store several times and talked to the manager but they kept stating that they didn't receive them!

The manager finally made a receipt for me that showed the fruit bowls with the item numbers that I received.  I asked if I could order them and the manager stated that I could not and he also said a strange thing to me "that they don't order from the store and that they don't know what is on the delivery trucks until they arrive in the store" I have never heard of such a thing!

I waited 2 weeks and phoned the store and talked to the manager again and he stated that when the painted poppies bowls come in he will save the amount of bowls that I needed for my set.  He took my phone number and stated that he would call me but guess what it has been 3 more sales on the dinnerware and I never received a call!

Since my purchase of the 3- 16 piece sets in February, 2013 their has been 3 sales that I have seen on that dinnerware since then in March, May and now June 2013 stating now 4- free fruit bowls which should have been given away in the first sale in February 2013 since the sets were 4 place settings in each box of 16 pieces!

I have never seen a sale so goofed up and company not ordering the merchanise properly in my whole life. In my eyes this has caused a case of false advertising. I have been waiting for 4 months!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2013 11:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kohls-Department-Store/Colma-California-94014/Kohls-Department-Store-On-sale-of-Pfaltzgraff-Dinnerware-only-received-2-free-matching-1057812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kohl's Department Store