Complaint Review: Kohls

• Updated: Sat, December 21, 2013

• Reported By: brendasparker — Mesa Arizona
Kohls
Baseline Rd Mesa, Arizona USA

Kohls I recently made a purchase of $293.87 with the intensions of receiving the Kohl's Cash that I am entitled to. However, I've sent several emails to kohls@email.kohls.com and have not had any response whatsoever from any of those emails. I think this is unprofessional and un-businesslike for a such a department store that I think very highly of. Instead, I've received ad after ad, trying to sell me more merchandise. I didn't even receive any automated response that my email will be addressed at your convenience.  Mesa Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Kohls cash has earning periods

*Consumer Comment: I found this on Kohl's .com....

This is the email I sent to Kohls corporate offices as well as their customer service department:

I recently made a purchase of $293.87 with the intensions of receiving the Kohl's Cash that I am entitled to. However, I've sent several emails to kohls@email.kohls.com and have not had any response whatsoever from any of those emails. I think this is unprofessional and un-businesslike for a such a department store that I think very highly of. Instead, I've received ad after ad, trying to sell me more merchandise. I didn't even receive any automated response that my email will be addressed at your convenience. To my understanding, I'm entitled to $10 for every $50 spent or something similar which would probably be around $60 Kohl's Cash. I'm highly upset that my first online shopping experience has been kicked aside and myself being ignored by your company. I truly enjoy shopping at my local Kohl's and appreciate the merchandise that you bring to your stores. However, the online shopping has really made me doubtful of your true customer service. I could take my shopping elsewhere and purchase from another company but I would like to get this addressed at the corporate level before I decide to step higher. You may contact me anytime if you need additional information. I look forward to your reply and would like to get this resolved before the holidays.

UPDATE: It has been over a week since I sent them this email above. All I've received back is automated responses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2013 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kohls/Mesa-Arizona-85204/Kohls-I-recently-made-a-purchase-of-29387-with-the-intensions-of-receiving-the-Kohls-C-1108947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kohls

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Kohls cash has earning periods

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I used to work at Kohls until I went back to school and I just wanted to ask if you were completely sure the time you placed your order was a period when Kohls cash was being given out. Kohls alternates between allowing customers to redeem Kohls cash earned and the earning periods. Maybe you misunderstood what you would be receiving?

This last part is my personal opinion, but at Kohls all through training they stress nothing more than bend over backwards for all the customersvso they leave happy, even when they're clearly wrong. You're not ENTITLED to anything. Kohls cash is something nice they do for customers to say thank you for shopping with them. That's all, have a great day.

I found this on Kohl's .com....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

**Kohl's Cash of $250 or more may take longer to arrive. If your Kohl's Cash earned is less than $250 and you do not receive your Kohl's Cash via email, your Kohl's Cash may be blocked by your email provider. Check the blocked email folder in your account. You also may need to add the email address kohls@email.kohls.com to your approved senders/address book. If you still do not see your Kohl's Cash email, please contact Customer Service at (866) 887-8884.

Hope this information proves useful.