Complaint Review: Kohl's

PO BOX 3115 MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin USA

Kohl's Not sending out billing statements MILWAUKEE Wisconsin

*UPDATE Employee: Really??

*General Comment: So...

I had a credit balance of $54.43 on my Kohl's card from September through November 2013. Therefore, I received no billing statement because they don't send a statement if you dont owe anything or have a credit. Then I shopped at Kohls in November 2013 so that I would use this balance up. However, I have yet to receive a billing statement  since September 2013. And apparently, I used up my credit due & then a little more. Perhaps the computer thinks I still have a credit due? This is a problem because since I did not receive a billing statement for December & January, I became  over 30 days in arrears causing Kohls to report my default to the credit bureaus. Kohls refunded my 2 late fees ($70) but refuses to admit that they are not sending me my statements and their billing is obviously a mess. The do send me coupons to the correct address, however.  I still have not received a billing statement to this date and when I called and used the automated service to check to see if my balance is indeed "0", I get 3 different account balances $10, $64.02 & $0!  So when I talked to an associate, they don't know why this has happened and they wiped the amount due down to $0 again. I could probably call right now and get different figures!  So at any time, even though I have not shopped at Kohls since November I may have a balance due!

My issue is that they insist that they are sending billing statements out but although my mother has a Kohls charge and she gets a statement every month, I am not getting them nor am I getting the online ones either! It seems odd to me that they will refund the late fees, which I guess I "earned" because when I didnt get a bill, I should have checked and called to see how much of a credit I still had on this account  but they won't admit that their billing has gotten screwed up and they are partly to blame. The problem here is that I wasn't getting billing statements due to my no thaving anything billable on the account so I thought this was the case.! I would rather pay the fees than trash my credit for 7 years.  They do not care though. They said that they can not lie to the credit bureau and say I did pay on time....however, I feel that they are partly to blame for this issue and should in good faith extend an effort. My credit is trashed over $15. They have no proof that they sent the bill. Yet they insist they sent one December, January, February & March. Nope. I think it's a computer glitch. Seems really ridiculous. Buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2014 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kohls/MILWAUKEE-Wisconsin-53201-3115/Kohls-Not-sending-out-billing-statements-MILWAUKEE-Wisconsin-1129909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kohl's

Really??

AUTHOR: REDPHOENIX - ()

It's ridiculous that people still use the "I didn't get a bill" excuse. As if companies will be like "Oh, so sorry! Don't worry, we'll just waive this balance." Heck, if that worked, everyone would be doing that every month for all their bills. If you use a credit card, then you KNOW you will have a bill to pay!!!! It is YOUR responsibility to pay your bills. Maybe there was some kind of glitch to where your bill wasn't coming in the mail....it could happen. But if you used your card, then you should know that you are going to have to pay back what is owed. If that is too much responsibility for you, then you don't need one. Don't know how much you owe? Check your reciept. There's a reason why it's always a good idea to keep them. The due date is always the same so if you have used it previously and got a bill then, then you would know when a current payment is due.

#2 General Comment

So...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

So basically YOU want to shift the blame off of yourself and place it on them because YOU didnt pay the bill. How does that work exactly?? They did not spend the money. YOU did. You seek to blame them because you forgot what you spent. The excuse of "I didnt recieve a bill" no longer flys. YOU could have called. YOU could have checked earlier. YOU could have checked online. Odds are that you DID recieve the mail, but figured it wasnt important because YOU didnt spend that much. Or you thought it was junk mail and tossed it.

However NONE of the above changes that YOU owed money and forgot to pay it. Since you forgot, they reported you to the credit agencies. Cause and effect in action. Why is it people like yourself ALWAYS deflect responsibilities onto others?? YOU KNOW YOU SPENT THE MONEY!! Why else would you be pushing so hard to convince everyone that YOU are the "poor little victim"?

All you have done in your report is show how much of a deadbeat child you REALLy are. An adult admits to their mistakes and attempts to rectify them. You however have done none of this. Even if they did not send you a bill, which I highly doubt as its all automated, it STILL wouldnt negate YOUR part in this. And that part was spending money and forgetting you had done so.

Now, when they have reported you because of non payments, you attempt to place the blame for your actions onto them. Do you even understand the concept of acting like an adult? What you have done is shifted the blame off of yourself and onto innocent people. You do this as a retaliation for them reporting YOU being a deadbeat. That is what a child does. You say your old enough to have credit/home/car/job but you act like some teenaged girl. Evidenced by YOUR ENTIRE POST!!!!

Stop acting like a child and pay what you owe. If you had better money handling skills or a better accounting system you would have seen for yourself that you may have owed them money. But you wont grow up and you will continue to spend until you forget. I know this rebuttal will fall on deaf ears/eyes but SOMEONE has to stand up and BE HONEST. Something YOU may have never done and are unlikely to do in the future.

I just hope that SOMEONE does to YOU as YOU have done to others. You may THINK its some faceless business, but its run by PEOPLE. One day, what YOU have done online, someone will do to you. A baseless accusation followed by WHY they are being made a victim. Then and only then will you see how YOUR irresponsibility and lies effect others.