Complaint Review: Konica Minolta

• Updated: Mon, January 06, 2014

• Reported By: Ted K — Paeonian Springs Virginia
Konica Minolta
Ramsey, New Jersey USA

Konica Minolta Expensive color printer with known manufacturing defect Ramsey New Jersey

In December 2009 I purchased a Minolta Magicolor 7500 color printer for over $3000 from a local dealer in Northern Virginia.  I purchased this printer specifically to do high quality color prints in 11 x 17 format.  The printer weighs over 100 pounds and the cartridges are expensive as well as the fusers.

After using the printer for about a year and half with very low monthly volume of printing (less than 200 copies a month), the printer started bleeding ink on the pages.  I replaced the ink cartridges at a cost of several hundre dollars and the fusers.  The printer continued to bleed somewhat, but since I hardly used it I did not get it fixed.  After dealing with this for another few months, I called an authorized service company to fix the printer and spent another $800.00 to supposedly replace the fuser.  Mind you I still had (and have) the original ink cartridges I replaced in the first year, as this printer has not output more than 5000 copies in the entire time I have owned it.  The service was done in Fall  2012 while under warranty, and it worked better for about 2 weeks then started bleeding again.

As I did not complain immediately since I hardly used this printer, I called service again in Summer 2013 to fix the printer, spent another few hundred dollars with "we have to get back to you".  About a month later the service company informed us that the printer needed a new circuit board, which would cost $1500 to replace.  Moreover, Konica knew the circuit boards were flawed as they have had problems with these printers.

This service company, which of course sells Minoltas suggested we replace the printer with a new one.  Seriously?? After spending my money on a defective product that should have been recalled all Minolta can offer is to sell me another $3000+ printer after I got a whopping 5000 prints out of their defective machine!

By far this is the most inane and horrible customer service I have ever seen, and I will tell every business person I know to never buy Konica Minolta.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Konica-Minolta/Ramsey-New-Jersey-07446/Konica-Minolta-Expensive-color-printer-with-known-manufacturing-defect-Ramsey-New-Jersey-1113438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Konica Minolta