Complaint Review: Kost Tire

• Reported By: gotitgoin — SYRACUSE New York
Kost Tire
6130 S. Salina Street Syracuse, New York USA

Kost Tire Carl Didomenico Tire Store Manager has E.S.P. Syracuse New York

*Author of original report: You are misinformed about condition of my exhaust system

On April 15th I took my Pontiac G6 to Kost Tire in Nedrow. I parked at the end of the lot and my car was not visible from the front desk. I went in and described the squeaking noise that occured when I turned the steering wheel. The manager, Carl, from behind the desk and out of view of my vehicle adamantly told me what the problem was and how much it would cost. Without seeing my car or putting it on the lift, he informed me that my struts were shot and that I would have to spend about $800-$900 to replace them. He told me that my struts were only good for 60,000 miles. I took the car for an oil change just down the street and asked them to please lube everything well because of the squeak when turning.

The technician noted that there was a screw that was sticking out and not tight, the boot around my tie rod on the passengers side was torn and there was no grease and that the drivers side tie rod had some play. As the manager of the oil change company also has a garage and does car repairs at his own business, I was confident he knew what he was talking about. Needless to say, having the tie rods replaced ended the squeaking. Kost Tire and Carl lost a customer that day and any other potential customers that I run into! This commission based repair shop almost screwed me out of $500 that I did not need to spend. Suffice it to say, the tie rods were half the cost!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2014 03:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kost-Tire/Syracuse-New-York-13205/Kost-Tire-Carl-Didomenico-Tire-Store-Manager-has-ESP-Syracuse-New-York-1141262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kost Tire

You are misinformed about condition of my exhaust system

AUTHOR: gotitgoin - ()

Actually, it is not rusted out. They didn't do anything more than lift it and look. It has been repaired and didn't require a whole new exhaust system as your manager Tony told me it needed. There is surface rust as it there is on most everything underneath the car. You have been lied to about the condition. The temp fix has been permanently fixed and still for under $20 all told!