Complaint Review: KraftMaid Cabinetry

• Submitted: Sun, December 11, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, December 11, 2005

• Reported By:Rock Hill South Carolina
KraftMaid Cabinetry
15535 S. State Ave., Middlefield, Ohio U.S.A.

KraftMaid Cabinetry defective product Middlefield Ohio

We just received our KraftMaid cabinets this week. The sink unit was bashed in on one side and the cabinet front for that unit was split completely down the middle. It was not usable. I have read the stain discalimer, however, my cabinets finish were Oatmeal Glaze. The attraction of the galzing was the uneven finish, however, the 2 of the fillers between my cabinets and the crown molding do not appear to even have ANY of the glaze finish on them. They look to be a comletely different color than the cabinets or molding.

Our order was also shipped missing cabinet fillers,and 2 door fronts. The cabinet with glass doors were sent with 4 right hand doors, none for the left sides of the cabinets. Knowing the doors were going to go in the kitchen the doors we received went in, I would think KraftMaid would consider having them come from different runs of finishing would pose a problem in terms of consistency in the stain.

Our goal has been to get our kitchen finished before Christmas and we were right on target, but now that this has happened, we will have to have Christmas at my 75 year old mother's house.

I do not know how quickly this will be resolved, but I am very disapppointed and would not order Kraftmaid again. One dealer that we spoke with told us he quit dealing with the company because more times than not he encountered problems with his orders, and KraftMaid was in no hurry to resolve the problems.

He tried to convince me to go with another brand he carried but I would not becuase he could not offer me the finish that I was looking for. I wish I had listened to him.

Tobie
Rock Hill, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2005 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KraftMaid-Cabinetry/Middlefield-Ohio-44062/KraftMaid-Cabinetry-defective-product-Middlefield-Ohio-167577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KraftMaid Cabinetry