Complaint Review: kraftwerk k9 kennel, Wayne Curry, Owner

• Submitted: Mon, March 11, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 11, 2013

• Reported By: zack — north smithfield Rhode Island United States of America
kraftwerk k9 kennel, Wayne Curry, Owner

kraftwerk k9 kennel, Wayne Curry, Owner unstable, sick puppy, unwilling to help or remedy the problem Internet

We have purchased three puppies from Wayne and his Kraftwerk K9 kennel. We purchased a male and female from them about 5 years ago. Although both of those puppies matured into adult shepherds that were undersized and with horrible conformation, but their wonderful temperaments and loyalty prompted us 5 years later to purchase another male puppy from Wayne and Kraftwerk K9 Kennel for a price of $4000. We were told that this male puppy was the "pick of the litter" and so we should have no more problems with conformation or small size for a GSD (German Shepherd). This male puppy was sired by Wayne's current "star" stud, Oruger the Boom who is referred to as "Rudy" by the folks at Kraftwerk K9 Kennel. Our puppy Deacon's dame is a female there named Else von Wietzestrand. On the day that Deacon arrived to our home, we noticed that he tended to chase his tail, but attributed it to his anxiety from the long trip. But as we continued to work with Deacon, it became apparent over the ensuing weeks that he has MAJOR anxiety issues. He began to bite his tail and the tops of his paws til they would bleed! He has such separation anxiety from our adult GSDs that I suspect he was removed from his litter mates and his mother far too early. We have consulted our vet, a dog behavioralist and each have recommended that he be started on a mood stabilizer like Prozac. I contacted Kraftwerk K9 Kennel to update them on the status of Deacon. I spoke with the Kennel manager there, a woman named Marianne. She listened to my concerns and told me that she would share them with the owner, Wayne and then get back to me. We never heard back from Marianne! My wife, after weeks of waiting to hear from Kraftwerk K9 and Wayne Curry, called again and was told by Marianne that she and Wayne would accept it if we put Deacon down and they could give us another puppy for $2500! My wife responded, "Are you crazy?!" We are not looking to put this poor, unstable animal down, we are looking for help in how to HELP him and stabilize him without pharmaceuticals. She replied that she will again discuss this with Wayne Curry of Kraftwerk K9 Kennels. Several weeks have passed and I have no expectation of hearing from Wayne Curry and Kraftwerk K9 Kennel. Wayne Curry's conduct  has forced me to conclude that Kraftwerk K9 is not a reputable kennel and is not concerned about the well being of its puppies. This narrative details how they treated REPEAT customers who have spent in excess of $10,000 on their puppies. Imagine how they must treat a new customer when something goes wrong?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/kraftwerk-k9-kennel-Wayne-Curry-Owner/internet/kraftwerk-k9-kennel-Wayne-Curry-Owner-unstable-sick-puppy-unwilling-to-help-or-remedy-1027286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on kraftwerk k9 kennel, Wayne Curry, Owner