Complaint Review: Krav maga Self Defense

• Updated: Mon, December 07, 2009

• Reported By: Angela — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Krav maga Self Defense
100 crossroads blvd san antonio, Texas United States of America

Krav maga Self Defense Sales Rep was lied in order to get me to sign a contract with them. san antonio, Texas

Several months back, I went to the Krav Maga 911 center at Crossroads. When I walked into a dead fitness center. I met Chris Coble a trainer there who shared with me his inspirational story on how he lost so much weight, thanks to Krav Maga and although the facilities were empty because they just opened, he still gave me a tour. After the extremely short tour of the facility, Chris turned on some high pressure sales techniques and began putting great pressure on me to sign a contract right then and there.  He briefly mentioned that my signed contract would really help him out, which really rubbed me the wrong way. I told Chris that while I like the facilities daycare is important to me. He stated while pointing to a closed off section of the club "We have a daycare area here."  He claimed that the children were supervised and that my kids would be okay there.

I told Chris that I wanted to take a class first and then sign a contract but Chris was very passionate about me signing something right there and then.  He promised that he would hold on to the paperwork until after I attended the class. Because he put a lot of pressure on me, I went against my own judgement and did so. I trusted that he would do what he promised. When i came to my class, I walked into the club with my daughter and Chris didn't even remember who I was. I approached him and ask if I need to check in and he simply walked me to the class without signing in. I left my daughter in the "so called daycare area".  At that time the area was filled with much older teenagers, who did'nt seem like they would need daycare. Chris assured me that my nine yearold would be fine.  When the class was over my daughter was sitting all alone unattended. When we got into the car my daughter cried and said the kids were mean and that no adults were watching them. When I left for my class, I saw two workers standing in the area so i assumed that they were the ones who were tending to the kids.

I called Chris the next day and informed him that I didn't want to be a member because of this incident. My daughter was very upset that she was left with the teenagers and said that when she approached a club worker about another kid who was calling her names, the worker shrugged her shoulders and said "im not his mother." Chris informed me that he had already submitted my paperwork and that it was too late. I told him that he would need to cancel it and refund my money.

Months later, i am getting bills for $118 a month and late charges. I explained to the American Payment Services the incident and she said there is nothing she can do about it. Since my husband and I have pcsed to AZ, and my husband has deployed to afganistan. I am 6 months pregnant and am staying with family in another state. The American payment services says that I need to contact the club regarding my complaint but the times that I have called I am put on constant hold or I am referred to Chris. Before we PCS'd I left paperwork with the club to cancel my membership but the American Payment Services says that they haven't received it. They also said that my acccount is to be treated as though i am civilian not military so my husband's orders are irrelevant to them. I am left to my own devices and have no idea how to resolve this mess. This one visit is costing me hundreds of dollars. I refuse to pay because I believe that this contract was signed under false promises. Watch out for this company and especially this sales agent. They dont have a daycare onsite they have an area that is unsupervised that they call daycare but it is false.

Angela

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2009 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Krav-maga-Self-Defense/san-antonio-Texas-/Krav-maga-Self-Defense-Sales-Rep-was-lied-in-order-to-get-me-to-sign-a-contract-with-them-535127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Krav maga Self Defense