Complaint Review: Kroger/Dillons

• Submitted: Fri, October 17, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 20, 2009

• Reported By:Humble Texas
Kroger/Dillons
7707 E Central Ave Wichita, Kansas U.S.A.

Kroger/Dillons Harrassed By Management Constantly Wichita Kansas

*Consumer Suggestion: Tough situation

*Consumer Suggestion: Tough situation

*Consumer Suggestion: john

The store I used to work at in Wichita, Kansas was notorious for accusing and harassing its employees on a daily basis. Specifically on mine, it stemmed from lying about my position within the company to threats, and even a decrease in pay. I started off working in the deli and within the first three months I received at least three customer service awards. After bringing this to the attention of my manager, I received a raise(from $7.30 to $7.60). During my time in the deli I started getting a rash which was due to the gloves(I found out I am allergic to latex & vinyl). Overnight I would seep blood through my pores on my hands, and am still having problems due to this. After having told my manager and my supervisor, I was told it was probably just Excema(sp?). The conditioned worsened and was even told by my own doctor and medical school teacher that it was a highly allergic reaction.

Not only were they negligent, but they harassed me about everything. One night I opted out to be a designated driver for a friend(they were going through difficult times), and I saw a manager while I was out. Not only was the manager severely intoxicated, but he also took my coat and proceeded to dance around the night club in it(i'm twice his size). Anyways, after the night of being a designated driver I was being looked at as a heavy drinker(mind you I didn't even have 1 beer). Anytime that I was sick after that, I was asked if I was hungover or had been drinking. Shortly after the drinking harassment began, my the same manager who was drunk told the main store manager that I called him a liar. Obviously this wasn't the case and I'm not the only person in the store that had this manager lie to upper management about incidents.

After I was moved from the deli, they couldn't find a spot for me, so they made me a sacker(I had checking experience too). Eventually I volunteered to do fuel center because it was easy and I didn't have to put up with all the issues(I had well over 25 managers contradicting each other, and threatening to write me up). Once in Fuel Center, and being accurate down to the last center every day(I never came up short or over even by a penny during about 3-4 months of being out there), they dropped my pay down to $7.30 again, stating that I made too much to work out there. Not only was that a lie(others told me their pay), but so having learned at least four different area's of the store, they lower your pay? Some managers that worked there couldn't even run a cash register. Many many issues with this company, they even tried to charge me for name tags, aprons, and work shirts after I left. I returned all of those except maybe one name tag I found hidden in my car somewhere.

John
Humble, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2008 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KrogerDillons/Wichita-Kansas-67206/KrogerDillons-Harrassed-By-Management-Constantly-Wichita-Kansas-382203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kroger/Dillons

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Tough situation

AUTHOR: Helpful Guy - (U.S.A.)

There are many issues here... *) the gloves gave you an allergic reaction... I'm not sure about the laws in your state but I believe they would have to provide you gloves you are not allergic to allow you to work. *) Pay is a tough issue, some jobs are only worth so much and their raise structure is different such as you got a raise b/c of customer compliments. Good job on your customer service. *) The going out... yep that is a tough one, you would need to bring proof with accusations... tough situation... learn from that one.
*) I agree with the other poster, go to another gas station, you have experience. I understand that some promote within and offer tuition reimbursement... get your education paid for by someone else.
If you start to see issues at a company, no what the escalation process is... if you don't like it, get ready to go to another job. Be aware of what moving to different jobs often says about you as well
Best of luck to you.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Tough situation

AUTHOR: Helpful Guy - (U.S.A.)

Best of luck to you.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

john

AUTHOR: Jpdawg - (U.S.A.)

So quit. You work for a grocery store. Not exactly a career. You could probably get a job at a gas station for $10 an hour.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC