Complaint Review: Kroger's Grocery

Kroger's Grocery
1476 Turner McCall Blvd; Rome, GA 30161 Rome, Georgia USA

Kroger's Grocery SCAN RIGHT RIP OFF Rome Georgia

Kroger Scan-Right Guarantee

Kroger has a Scan Right Guarantee that is often advertised on signs in store.   Basically, if a product rings up at a price different from the one listed in-store or in-ad, they must give you that product FREE and every additional identical purchase will be adjusted to the sale price. (The kroger scan right policy right from their website. http://ingoodcents.com/stores/kroger)

Rome, GA Krogers  Absolute BS.  I bought dog chew chips; price $8.89; I was charged $9.95. The first time I was refunded the entire purchase price.  Two weeks later, same dog chips, same over ring, I was refunded $5.  Three weeks after that, same dog chips, same over ring. When I brought the receipt into Krogers 10/29 at about 5PM and presented the receipt at the service desk, I was given a 97cent refund. When I questioned it, the woman lied right to my face saying that only items under $5 are refunded. I tried reaching Steve Van Meter, Rome, GA store manager, today: 11/1 and nobody knew when he'd be in or available. I asked for the corporate number and when I called, I found a pin was required to complete the call: which the store carefully neglected to give me. I found a customer service number on facebook; 1800 567-4377.  When I called that number, I was informed in a l-o-n-g pre-recorded message that I just won a fabulous Bahamas cruise and after the entire speel, was given the choice to opt out, which I did.  Then I was treated to the entire speel again giving me a second chance for just $59, etc. etc. When I opted out the 2nd time, I got a busy signal. You think this isn't going out to every blog in the world - think again. Crystal, Rome, GA. a former loyal customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2013 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Krogers-Grocery/Rome-Georgia-30161/Krogers-Grocery-SCAN-RIGHT-RIP-OFF-Rome-Georgia-1096307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kroger's Grocery