Complaint Review: L. Lewis & Associates

• Submitted: Sun, April 18, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, April 18, 2004

• Reported By:Silver Spring Maryland
L. Lewis & Associates
P.O. Box 442 Summit, Illinois U.S.A.

L. Lewis & Associates Aka Financial Resources Unlimited Ripoff Report: Sent $120 money order for monthly mass mailing of postcards (claim 1099 forms will be sent) Summit Illinois

On February 17, 2004 I sent a $120 money order along with my application to L. Lewis & Associates. I chose to do group #3 for $105 + shipping = $120.00. This promised $800/week and if one chose to do the bonus, the total would be $1,600/week.

In addition, I thought if I overnight the package that I would receive it by the time I returned from a business trip. Well, it's now April 18th and I have received NOTHING! I thought this company was different because it was recommended by another mass mailing group to a friend of mine. I also thought it was a reputable company because they stated at the end of the year they send out 1099 Forms for tax purposes.

I really had a good feeling about this company, and I am not one to easily get scammed. I am very disappointed because I had a rough year last year and I thought this was the answer to my prayers...make a little extra money on the side to pay for some much-needed services. This has made me realize there just is not a legitimate "mass mailing" company out there. Any company asking for money up front is a "scam" as far as I am concerned. I will be taking action to try and retrieve my $120. It's time to shut them down if they cannot deliver!

Emmy
Silver Spring, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2004 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/L-Lewis-Associates/Summit-Illinois-60501-0442/L-Lewis-Associates-Aka-Financial-Resources-Unlimited-Ripoff-Report-Sent-120-money-or-88102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on L. Lewis & Associates