surrender

• Submitted: Fri, May 09, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 12, 2008

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
La Boxing And ASF International
8023 S Broadway, Littleton CO 80122 Littleton, Colorado U.S.A.

La Boxing And ASF International Only "Customer Service" Health Club to Squeeeeeze for EVERY dollar Littleton Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Read the contract

My brother and I joined in order to get more fit. At the time they play off like they are this little independently owned and operated fitness club. As with most health clubs you get a discount to sign up for a longer period of time. Being hopeful people, we signed up for a year.

Classes started off great, the only hard part is that they are a little ways away, but with our schedules at the time it worked. Then things changed, my brother picked up a new job, my job changed, and our hours are such that we can't get to enough classes to make paying 100.00 a month worth it. Especially since my new job has a gym for free, and his college has a gym he gets to use for free.

I call them up and say I want to cancel ( I fully expect some sort of fee, like breaking a cell phone contract, or leaving ANY other fitness club early) They state that they use ASF to do all of their billings. According to ASF the only reasons you can cancel is to move more than 25 miles from a club, or be permenantly disabled. Glad to see that what they care about is health, fitness, and customer service.

The manager there decides to give me great analogies, such as, if you buy a car, and decide you don't like it, you can't just take it back. Of course not, but I can sell it!? His great idea is to hand off my membership to a family member. Wait a minute, my brother is the one here who can't use it!? He says that their hands are tied. Now this little, locally owned gym doesn't control it's own memberships.

When I signed up, I was not made aware of a rigid cancelation policy, nor was I made aware that they do not even control their own memberships (which I still do not believe).

When considering a good cardio boxing/kick boxing gym, I would not reccomend them to anyone, because when life happens, they don't care, they just want your money!!

LaboxAndASF-Ripoff
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2008 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/La-Boxing-And-ASF-International/Littleton-Colorado-80122/La-Boxing-And-ASF-International-Only-Customer-Service-Health-Club-to-Squeeeeeze-for-EVER-331742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on La Boxing And ASF International

AUTHOR: Enlightenu - (U.S.A.)

They used this b.s. contract excuse with us as well. Kinda convienant how they have two different companies handling things. Bottom line just because its slid by in a contract...doesn't make it right. Funny how these contracts are soo unclear for so many customers. I don't know how ASF or LA Boxingg can sleep at night or why people would ever invest in an La Boxing Franchise knowingg the only way for them to be successful is to be dishonest. Wake up people...stop screwing your customers.

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

ASF International does not have any choice in matters such as this. The contract dictates what direction we can proceed in. I would suggest this member read their contract they signed with LA Boxing. I am sure the terms and conditions are clear regarding reasons a member may cancel. ASF International simply provides billing services for LA Boxing as well as facilitates the cancellation procedures as they apply within the agreement. It is unfortunate that this member did not completely read his agreement before signing it.